Hide
3 Posts

Zombicide: Black Plague» Forums » Variants

Subject: Well of Gore rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: ZBP [+] [View All]
King Benno
msg tools

The Well of Gore is a terrain piece to be used on map as a new challenge or objective. It makes the mightiest of heroes lose their courage and turn into a shadow of their formal selves. If a hero starts their turn with Line of Sight to the Well of Gore, they lose their "pegged" character abilities for that turn. The Well of Gore can be destroyed with dragon fire and gives 5 experience once gone.

I bought the terrain piece on Etsy from Necrobyss. Highly recommend, as they always look great on a Zombicide board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conan Meriadoc
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The 'losing experience' rule can be abused to allow players to game the system and make sure they always stay at the blue level, which makes things significantly easier for the heroes. "Hey, wait, I'm nearing yellow, I'll get back in sight of the well for a few turns. Continue searching while I'm there."

Part of the Zombicide challenge is that heroes are forced to gain experience through objectives and killing zombies - and experience is usually detrimental to the group. Inversely, a well that would say "+10 XP if a hero starts their turn with Line of Sight to the Well of Gore" would be a danger to the group, as it would raise the spawn level too fast without having searched for appropriate equipment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Benno
msg tools
I agree! Thanks for making me re-think that one. I updated it with a change.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.