Subject: CMON Newb Backer Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dustin
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never backed a CMON game (or many games at all), so had a question how their pledge manager works.

Can I pledge for $1 now, and when the pledge manager comes out add to it? Including addons?

Thanks for any help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Newsham
United Kingdom
Halifax
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SeerMagic wrote:
I've never backed a CMON game (or many games at all), so had a question how their pledge manager works.

Can I pledge for $1 now, and when the pledge manager comes out add to it? Including addons?

Thanks for any help!

Ordinarily, yes. However previous campaigns have specifically mentioned that this was possible whereas Rising Sun's does not.

The question has been asked in comments; I haven't seen an answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SeerMagic wrote:

Thanks for any help!

This has been possible in every CMON Campaign, no reason to believe it won't be this time. But, I would not advise it, and here's why.

1.) $1 backers aren't entitled to a reward by way of KS ToS, so you have no recourse if they decide not to fulfill what you add in the PM.

2.) $1 backers aren't treated the same as full backers by CMON post campaign, I've experienced this phenomenon several times.

3.) $1 backers don't help the bottom line of unlocking KS SGs.

Overall, if you either don't have the money now, or are unsure about the purchase, it's probably safer to just forget about the game altogether. CMON games are hype machines, and I've backed most of them, and only kept 2 beyond a couple plays so far. I'm on the fence about Rising Sun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wade Kapanke
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
SeerMagic wrote:

Thanks for any help!

In order to have access to the add-ons you have to pledge for the whole game. You can't just buy the metal coins or the play mat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wadekapanke wrote:
SeerMagic wrote:

Thanks for any help!

In order to have access to the add-ons you have to pledge for the whole game. You can't just buy the metal coins or the play mat.

True, you will need to buy the base pledge to get the add ons, but you can do that in the PM, after pledging $1 during the campaign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flo Heisenbrain
Germany
München
Bayern
flag msg tools
I am the one who mods!
badge
Are you pondering what I'm pondering?
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't exactly speak for rising sun, but I late backed 3 cmon games in the past, bc missing credit card. They always give the option to late pledge right after the campaign for the base pledge prize.

Was always treated the same as everyone else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmathias wrote:
True, you will need to buy the base pledge to get the add ons, but you can do that in the PM, after pledging $1 during the campaign.

Yeah I learnt that the hard way with Zombicide Black Plague, I just wanted the artist packs, but couldn't. Had to piggy back on a friends pledge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Heisenbrain wrote:

I've had three different experiences with CMON CS and pledging.

1.) As an all in backer (several times).
2.) As a $1 backer, All in at PM (once).
3.) Late Backer, All in (once).

In both the 2 and 3 scenarios I was treated much differently, than in the 1st scenario.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Reynolds
United States
Vermontville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've done base pledge on Dogs of War and $1 pledge on The Others (then base pledge plus one add-on during pledge manager) and late pledge on Blood Rage. Same options on all three, although the late pledge shipped out after the rest of the KS backers, which is understandable and they were very clear that this would be the case.

No complaints with any of my CMoN Kickstarter experiences.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
jmathias wrote:
Heisenbrain wrote:

In both the 2 and 3 scenarios I was treated much differently, than in the 1st scenario.

My experience has been once you fill out the pm and pay they make no distinction to when or how you backed. They may not always be the best when it comes to quickly fixing some types of problem, but it isn't hard to find people who backed for the full pledge amount during the kickstarter who've also had issues.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the responses. I did ask them directly on KS and they responded, that yes I could do $1 and get game + addons later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Coley
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmathias wrote:
Heisenbrain wrote:

Would you care to go into specifics? My friend is in a similar boat to you with how he has backed CMON kickstarters, but has never been treated noticeably different. He received all his stuff at the same time as everyone else in our projected area for every project, and never found himself to be missing, or not getting anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GreatWhiteColey wrote:
jmathias wrote:
Heisenbrain wrote:

Would you care to go into specifics? My friend is in a similar boat to you with how he has backed CMON kickstarters, but has never been treated noticeably different. He received all his stuff at the same time as everyone else in our projected area for every project, and never found himself to be missing, or not getting anything.

I'm not interested in airing dirty laundry publicly, I just had experiences that differed from one another, based on how I "backed" and I wanted to make sure the OP had as much info to make his decision as possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.