Popular Tags: [View All]
Prawn King
Scotland
Aberdeen
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

Hi All,

I am new to this game and have a match coming up. We are going to play this scenario and I am taking the Brits. The artillery note states that British have off board 25pdr caliber arty available, no mention of smoke or not. The German notes state werfer artillery and "No Smoke".

My question is, can the Brits shoot smoke in this scenario?

Thanks in anticipation. Regards, Andy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Goldberg
United States
Bonnots Mill
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Boy the way Glenn Miller played // Songs that made the Hit Parade // Guys like us we had it made // Those were the days.
mbmbmbmbmb
fairnie01 wrote:

Hi All,

I am new to this game and have a match coming up. We are going to play this scenario and I am taking the Brits. The artillery note states that British have off board 25pdr caliber arty available, no mention of smoke or not. The German notes state werfer artillery and "No Smoke".

My question is, can the Brits shoot smoke in this scenario?

Thanks in anticipation. Regards, Andy

Andrew,

Smoke is only available if indicated in the situation. There are some situations that specifically say "no smoke", but those were cases sloppy writing, and offering 'too much information' that wasn't needed and just makes things confusing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan McKinney
United States
El Segundo
California
flag msg tools
badge
Also note that there are some scenarios that show the Artillery Request counters in the setup diagrams, while others don't. Another inconsistency that means nothing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prawn King
Scotland
Aberdeen
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Gentlemen,
Thanks to both of you for the speedy replies.
Its not long to H-Hour now and the battle nerves are jangling!
Smoke would have been a great help but "ours is not to question Why?" As the poem goes! :-)
I will post the results of todays battle later.
Have a great weekend,
Andy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prawn King
Scotland
Aberdeen
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

We played the HOD 4 scenario to completion yesterday as planned, and had a blast. The climax was very exciting indeed as my tough Britishers closed with the very professional Wehrmacht in a tooth and nail close quarters action for the hill top. Despite loosing the battle, and if I may say so quite narrowly, I was very proud of the fact that I only lost 5 steps of infantry in the process, in keeping with the cautionary attitude of the Brits at this time of the war. I lost 4 steps of those carrier borne (infantry) in a nasty mistake outside Le Bon Repos when they were minced by a Gerry 75 perched on the end of the hilltop, I guess I would have been the subject of an enquiry for that! In a nice little vignette, worthy of a classic war movie, right thereafter I stonked that gun pit with a 25pdr shoot and duly wiped them out by rolling a 3 right on cue :-)

The system is pretty reminiscent of TCS. We are both gamers of long standing and neither of us could find much to criticize, it seems a shame that this game has attracted a lot of negative press.

I chose the historical tactics of trying to throw the Wiltshires around either side of the hill whilst pushing the Dorsets up the middle. I got all the way around the right flank and gained Esquay, but the arrival of the dreaded Tigers kept my left flanking attempt at bay.
All in all it was a thoroughly enjoyable and immersive session, thanks and congrats, to my gaming buddy Paul for a quality win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Goldberg
United States
Bonnots Mill
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Boy the way Glenn Miller played // Songs that made the Hit Parade // Guys like us we had it made // Those were the days.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm so glad you all enjoyed it! Thanks for posting the pics and AAR.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.