3 Posts

Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » Variants

Subject: Scratch build Escape Pod rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Radek Kadlec
msg tools
Hi guys

I am new to the whole scratch building so i started with something small and easy. First time i seen the token for the escape pod i thought **** why is not there a model for it. So here is my take on it. Unfortunately i lost somewhere pictures of the initial stages of building because i started over year ago with this project and never got time to finish it until now, so just for the picture the main body is made from cardboard center cutouts from the large ship bases i just glue enough of them together then roughly shape it down with sand paper, then applied layer of Tamiya putty i found out lying around from my airplane hobby days and used sand paper to get to the final shape. Then i created the details from sturdy paper,paint it cut and drill the token so it fits some Litko plastic stand i have lying around and vouala escape pod to save is here

And here are some midway and final pictures.

sharp eye can see paper made Mining guild tie fighter + wings those are for my asteroid base project i am working on now

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Asher
United States
SOUTH LAKE TAHOE
California
flag msg tools
badge
WACKY WAVING INFLATABLE ARM FLAILING TUBE MAN!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
great work on the pod! are you scratch-making those TIE fighters? I recall seeing something like them in Rebels recently...

cheers,
--Matt

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
anevil giraffe
United Kingdom
Cambridge
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
lovely work, but just so you know, the Micromachines escape pod is probably about the same size judging from the pics...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.