Jon Badolato
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tillerson allows only Fox TV to cover his visit to the Korean DMZ. Other outlets ask for access and are denied. He's like the kid who takes his ball and goes home when the other team scores.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/03/17/media/trump-administration-b...

https://thinkprogress.org/tillerson-north-korea-dmz-fox-news...

More epic level goofiness !

Please note that the nuclear option is, according to Tillerson, still on the table with North Korea !
I'd say the doomsday clock has moved ever closer to midnight with the Trump crew at the helm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They have been talking pretty aggressively about korea lately.

If I lived in South Korea or Japan, I'd be more nervous than usual.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief Slovenly
United States
Burlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eh, saber-rattling rhetoric from the West towards NK has been a back-and-forth feature for presidential administrations going back to the war itself, across party lines.

As this article makes clear, Obama deployed similar rhetoric early in his administration, as did W and Clinton.

The differences today, though:
1) Rank amateurs at the helm beholden to the worst tendencies of conservative media and conspiracy theories. In fact calling them rank amateurs is an insult to amateurs the world over.
2) Aggressive postures may cause the North to act out sooner, rather than later. Maybe we shouldn't ax out the "soft power" part of the budget, just for funsies?
3) I can't wait for all missteps to be blamed on Obama in roughly 5 minutes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, Trump's guys will get expert advice (he hires the best people) from the DOD under secretary for international ... oh, wait.

Well, the State Department Assistant Secretary for East Asia and Pacific Affairs ... oh, wait.

Well, then the Under Secretary of State for Political* ... oh, wait.

Anyway, the Secretary of State can make up for this with vigorous diplo... oh wait, you say he skipped meetings and cut the trip short because he was 'fatigued?' Oh, wait.

----

Well, I'm sure that Anglo-Hungarian Fascist faux counter-terrorism expert at NSC can give Trump good advice.

*Yeah, Tom Shannon's technically it, but he's been the acting Deputy Secretary of State until Trump's nominee whose name is... oh, wait.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
Bitter acerbic harridan
mbmbmbmbmb
Diplomacy, schiplomacy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Rowls
msg tools
Professional Agitation Consultant... HTTP Error 418 I'm a Teapot!
mbmb
experts ? we don't need no stinkin expersts!

We got the great deal maker and if the great leader dont cut the deal given to him we shall bomb the shit out of him.

It's an offer he can not refuse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.