16 Posts

Arkham Horror» Forums » General

Subject: Component List: Mythos Cards, I have 68 not 67 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Fielding
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
EDIT: Songs From The Woods is not marked as being a Dunwich Horror expansion card.

By now, given all the people with complete 8 sets, isn't there one document showing all the typos, errors, and replacment pieces so you can sort everything?

Dammit, sorting this is giving me joint pain from flipping thru decks.
Counted it 6 times. Did remove 4 of the faint "squiggle" icons
Still have 68, not 67 per the rulebook

Wiki does not give a count:
http://www.arkhamhorrorwiki.com/Mythos#List_of_Mythos_Cards

Is there a page on the wiki that simply shows totals for each card & sub-type, or mentions any typos in the quantities stated in the rulebooks?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Tucker
United States
Warren
Michigan
flag msg tools
A game is a series of decisions; a good game is a series of interesting decisions
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gronak wrote:
Dammit, sorting this is giving me joint pain from flipping thru decks.
Counted it 6 times. Did remove 4 of the faint "squiggle" icons
Still have 68, not 67 per the rulebook

Wiki does not give a count:
http://www.arkhamhorrorwiki.com/Mythos#List_of_Mythos_Cards

Is there a page on the wiki that simply shows totals for each card & sub-type, or mentions any typos in the quantities stated in the rulebooks?
What about the table on the site that you list does not help?
Sort by Type, then Sort by Expansion.
12 Environment (Mystic)
7 Environment (Urban)
5 Environment (Weather)
36 Headline
6 Rumor
1 The Story Continues…

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Fielding
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I want to first verify which is the correct COUNT.

Also I only have 39 of 40 Unique cards. The count was 40, but one of them is the Dunwhich replacement for Healing Stone (I presume the replacment is $8 and adds the word "Exhaust"). So now I have to root thru the wiki & see which is missing...

The 4 Common replacement cards for Flesh Ward are identical to those in the base set... maybe they are updating 1st ed sets?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Tucker
United States
Warren
Michigan
flag msg tools
A game is a series of decisions; a good game is a series of interesting decisions
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gronak wrote:
I want to first verify which is the correct COUNT.
I still do not understand your issue. The wiki verifies the rulebook which states 67. So go to that link, and do a 1 by 1 check of every card you have, and see what your extra card is (and then double check to make sure it doesn't have an expansion mark you missed your first times through).

Gronak wrote:
Also I only have 39 of 40 Unique cards. The count was 40, but one of them is the Dunwhich replacement for Healing Stone (I presume the replacment is $8 and adds the word "Exhaust"). So now I have to root thru the wiki & see which is missing...
Is one of those 39 Unique Items the original Healing Stone, if not, then you don't have a problem: you just don't have a card you don't need. If it is, then yes, you will have to individually check.

Gronak wrote:
The 4 Common replacement cards for Flesh Ward are identical to those in the base set... maybe they are updating 1st ed sets?
They started putting the updated versions in the second and later printing of the base game. They also introduced errors into later printings of some expansions; e.g., check your version of the investigator Leo Anderson to see whether his Leadership ability says "Once per game" or the correct "Once per turn".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Fielding
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Wiki says 39 Unique. So is that a typo in the rulebook?

Or did the unknown editor of the wiki count 39 after removing the error card, not mentioning that it becomes 40 when fixed by the Dunwich replacement card?

Does the wiki have a list of rulebook typos & a summary of cards AFTER making replacements, & where they come from?

I have 39 Unique cards, including EITHER the error or replacement card, but not including BOTH.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Tucker
United States
Warren
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gronak wrote:
Wiki says 39 Unique. So is that a typo in the rulebook?

Or did the unknown editor of the wiki count 39 after removing the error card, not mentioning that it becomes 40 when fixed by the Dunwich replacement card?

Does the wiki have a list of rulebook typos & a summary of cards AFTER making replacements, & where they come from?

I have 39 Unique cards, including EITHER the error or replacement card, but not including BOTH.
I actually checked my base game rules - which says 39 Unique Items. Did you accidentally read the number of spells?

Edit grammar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Fielding
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
tuckerotl wrote:
I actually checked my base game rules - which says 39 Unique Items. Did you accidentally read the number of spells?[/q]

YES. It was 40 before I found out about the extra card being in the stack, so fixated on that number. Removing the replacement card & putting it back into Dunwich leaves 39...

This game is waaay to mathy :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Restall
Australia
Lismore
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Fielding
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
EDIT: Songs From The Woods is not marked as being a Dunwich Horror expansion card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Santos
Portugal
Amadora
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gronak wrote:

Explain please, it is marked on the wiki on the Mythos list....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Hébert
United States
Topeka
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Trust me, Lovecraft is enjoying this.

In any case... this thread from the FFG forum sheds a bit of light on print errors. The forum member Tibs is also active here on BGG.

https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/61347-games-m...

"My Songs From The Woods has an expansion icon. But I'm aware that the reprint of Dunwich Horror introduced a bunch of errors. So your Leo Anderson might say that his ability works once per game, when it should be once per turn. Also, Jacqueline's occupation might be misspelled.

The Whateley farm image has ALWAYS been wrong. You might be horrified to know that the image on the back of the Dunwich gate tokens is backwards.

Trish Scarborough is fine. See for yourself. Though her character art is shared with a Dunwich task card (Courier Run)."

You might also look at this thread on bgg - https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1171340/complete-card-list-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Santos
Portugal
Amadora
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jhebert wrote:

True, Gronak is slowly driving me insane

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Fielding
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Facsantos wrote:
Gronak wrote:

Explain please, it is marked on the wiki on the Mythos list....

The printed card does not have the "Dunwich" icon -- so that is why my count of cards is 68 instead of 67.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Hébert
United States
Topeka
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
...and a bit more here!

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1099019/mythos-card-songs-w...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Fielding
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Facsantos wrote:
jhebert wrote:

True, Gronak is slowly driving me insane

I am the Harbinger of Launius.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Fielding
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have 25 each, sanity & stamina "1" tokens, rulebook says 24 each.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.