Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The Rake
United States
Richardsville
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are there any plans to release a gameplay video before the campaign ends?

I read that there will be a Pledge Manager after the campaign.

Is it safe to assume you can make the basic bid (or smaller amount) and increase your amount and add any additional add-ons in the Pledge Manager?

I already own 1775-Rebellion but do not have the Treaty board.

Any chance you could offer the Treaty Boards for 1754, 1775 and 1812 as add-ons in the Pledge Manager?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mb
The treaty "board" I got with 1754 is just a mousepad thing with pictures of the 4 factions. You're not missing anything imo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
Birmingham
England
flag msg tools
badge
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars, where you will be forced to drift aimlessly farther into the vast, empty abyss of space until a lack of food, water and oxygen causes you to succumb to Death's cold embrace.
mbmbmbmbmb
That treaty board looks impressively pointless.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John McD
Scotland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheRocketSurgeon wrote:

it bothers me too that they've got some ponitless stuff as stretch goals (fine that's what they're for) but they also seem to have stuff that should be core to the game.

Are rules for forts, relics or churches necessary for it the game to be good, or do they spoil it? If the game should have forts then it shouldn't be a stretch goal, if they spoil the game then I don't want them, even as a stretch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
Birmingham
England
flag msg tools
badge
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars, where you will be forced to drift aimlessly farther into the vast, empty abyss of space until a lack of food, water and oxygen causes you to succumb to Death's cold embrace.
mbmbmbmbmb
BlackSpy wrote:
TheRocketSurgeon wrote:

it bothers me too that they've got some ponitless stuff as stretch goals (fine that's what they're for) but they also seem to have stuff that should be core to the game.

Are rules for forts, relics or churches necessary for it the game to be good, or do they spoil it? If the game should have forts then it shouldn't be a stretch goal, if they spoil the game then I don't want them, even as a stretch.

From the rulebook I'm pretty confident that the base game will reflect the excellent system I love in 1775. Leaders seem like a clever twist, that adds interesting variety, without confusing and obscuring the base system.

New buildings, tokens, powers... that I'm far more worried about as they may turn it into just another crash bang wallop battle game with too many mechanical choices that betrays its origins. I trust Academy a lot more than most other publishers though, so I'm optimistic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pepe Carrillo
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
John makes a damn good point:

'Are rules for forts, relics or churches necessary for it the game to be good, or do they spoil it? If the game should have forts then it shouldn't be a stretch goal, if they spoil the game then I don't want them, even as a stretch.'

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
[This space is intentionally left empty]
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
msgt pepe wrote:

'Are rules for forts, relics or churches necessary for it the game to be good, or do they spoil it? If the game should have forts then it shouldn't be a stretch goal, if they spoil the game then I don't want them, even as a stretch.'
It requires that rules can be divided into "necessary for a good game" and "spoil the game" though which I do not agree with.
If it were true then all expansions either spoil the main game or should be included in the main game. IMO you can have a good base game as well as an expansion that adds good rules to the game.

Remember that all these things will be available in retail as part of an expansion, so it makes sense that the design intend (and hopefully the outcome too) is to make the game good with them and without them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
msgt pepe wrote:

I'm sure the game is "good" either way. The way they've explained it is that the "Viking Age Expansion" stuff (ie. kingdom cards, forts, settlements, churches, legend cards, extra leaders, relics and holy places, etc.) are for people that want a more ADVANCED game. All this stuff will be sold separately at retail, so getting it thrown in here for a $60 pledge seems like good value to me.

The "kickstarter free" stretch goal would seem to be a collection of things similar to what they already sell for the other Birth Of games ... card holders and treaty board. With some extra tokens thrown in. Again, good value as I've bought this stuff separately for other Birth Of games.

The upgrades are fairly straight forward, and are essentially their vision of the game to begin with.

Let's be honest here, this is basically a pre-order system for 878: Vikings, so I'm not exactly sure what people were expecting ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
Birmingham
England
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WBuchanan wrote:

I'm sure the game is "good" either way. The way they've explained it is that the "Viking Age Expansion" stuff (ie. forts, villages, churches, legend cards, extra leaders, relics and holy places, etc.) are for people that want a more ADVANCED game. All this stuff will be sold separately at retail, so getting it thrown in here for a $60 pledge seems like good value to me.

Advanced game? I'm not so sure that's the right word... more... erm... Fun? Random? Tactical?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Densham
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BlackSpy wrote:
TheRocketSurgeon wrote:

To help clarify:

The base game is fine as it is, just as 1775/1812/1754 are fine the way they are.

However, after a number of plays, with the same group, some wanted to add crunch to the games. So here's where the expansion comes in. Lots more crunch that players can add to their desire. It will add more complexity, thus I think you can describe this as for advanced players who are looking for that. Totally optional, but for those that want more spice, here you go.

Hopefully this will help folks make their pledge decisions.

Tim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Tim of Academy wrote:
BlackSpy wrote:
TheRocketSurgeon wrote:

To help clarify:

The base game is fine as it is, just as 1775/1812/1754 are fine the way they are.

However, after a number of plays, with the same group, some wanted to add crunch to the games. So here's where the expansion comes in. Lots more crunch that players can add to their desire. It will add more complexity, thus I think you can describe this as for advanced players who are looking for that. Totally optional, but for those that want more spice, here you go.

Hopefully this will help folks make their pledge decisions.

Tim

Thanks Tim, I had read one of your comments on another thread that described the Viking Age Expansion as a more "advanced" way to play. That's why I used that term.

As an aside, and not a part of the Viking Age Expansion, but I really like how there will be more events than is needed for a single game, meaning players can customize which ones they put in depending on their strategy.

These new legend cards sound interesting too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff M
United States
Lafayette
California
flag msg tools
mb
The "treaty board" is, as others have noted, basically a nothing.

(BTW, one thing I've found helpful as a frequent searcher of the forums for information about games/game rules is if posts are titled with something that alludes to the specific questions they are asking, ie, "Gameplay video? Treaty board?".
Without stopping to open up the thread, there is no way to know if a post labeled "A few questions" contains that discussion about some specific issue I have been searching for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Viktor Karlsson Mantel
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Im am little worried that vikings can keep on advaning after a won battle. seems that can be over powered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
[This space is intentionally left empty]
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tolchock wrote:
Im am little worried that vikings can keep on advaning after a won battle. seems that can be over powered.
They can do it only with leaders. Considering that they start with literally no units on the map by the looks of it this seems like a needed balancing factor to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.