Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Raffaele Spadano
Italy
Pescara (PE)
Pescara
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, finally this masterpiece arrived at home, I have just now finished sleeving and arranging all the boxes but I have a question about Davi Jones: his second ability range is 1 and not 11 right? Also does he really get tHan insane bonus of X dices where is X is the level of the kraken on the deep lords column? Seems OP, comments?
Couldn't love the game more now btw ☺
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emil Vincent Alonzo
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Raffa80 wrote:
Hey, finally this masterpiece arrived at home, I have just now finished sleeving and arranging all the boxes but I have a question about Davi Jones: his second ability range is 1 and not 11 right? Also does he really get tHan insane bonus of X dices where is X is the level of the kraken on the deep lords column? Seems OP, comments?
Couldn't love the game more now btw ☺

Lucky guy! We're still eagerly awaiting the release of the Wave 2 here in the US.

For us who dont have the Character Card yet, could you type out exactly what's on the Skill Cards so we can help? =) It may have changed from the digital version by the time it shipped.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm so perplexed why one stuff has not shipped. Hadn't it been in the warehouse for a couple weeks?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bone White
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Davy Jones' range is supposed to be 1. Level 2 has range 1, Level 1 having range 11 is a typo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raffaele Spadano
Italy
Pescara (PE)
Pescara
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't check it right now as I'm in bed with body temp of 39°C ????????????, however it's an attack ability to activate, so once per activation, it says range 1 (11 but it's a typo) and it says that he gets bonus dices equal to the level of deep lords kraken column. Also does he get damage when the kraken is deployed? 4 damage to each heroed. The seal of davi Jones doesn't prevent this kind of damage, it has been asked before.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikkel Bjerregaard
Denmark
Grenaa
Danmark
flag msg tools
mbmb
We have decided not to use him. He seems very OP, and with all the heroes included in the kickstarter, he won't be missed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Shinall
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
That is a typo. His range is 1.

If you're playing with people that somehow believe that Range 11 is intended, with a downgrade to 2 at Level 2, you should find different people to play with.

As far as his power level goes, Harness the Locker is not really any more powerful than most other Hero's Level 2 stuff:

You're paying 7 Coin to Level it that high, and then requiring the Kraken Pool to be almost full, to gain any real effect. Even maxed out, it's 13 dice at a 3+, 2/3 average will Hit, meaning around 8 damage or so.

Kyria & Karl, Gabriella, Snapjaw, Vianna, Don Santiago, and Demarco (all Core box) can do that as well, each without needing the Kraken Pool to be that high.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Jackson
Australia
Tasmania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
A bit harsh to call out someone for reading a misprinted card.
yes it would be ridiculous to go from 11 range to 2, but in the same vein it is also pretty ridiculous that this card wasn't tested in a game (or else the typo would have been caught) unless it was tested and thought to be correct, in which case you should find new people to test the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Johnson
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Check out my podcast on BGG & iTunes: "Dice & Dachshunds!"
badge
You're the one who was getting fancy with the spices!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Michael,

Just to clarify, do you mean range 1 at lvl 1, range 1 at lvl 2? Or is there a typo on the lvl 2 side as well? (mine says range 11 at lvl 1, range 1 at lvl 2).

Just asking, since you say "with a downgrade to 2" above.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Scott
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Michael Shinall wrote:
That is a typo. His range is 1.

If you're playing with people that somehow believe that Range 11 is intended, with a downgrade to 2 at Level 2, you should find different people to play with.

As far as his power level goes, Harness the Locker is not really any more powerful than most other Hero's Level 2 stuff:

You're paying 7 Coin to Level it that high, and then requiring the Kraken Pool to be almost full, to gain any real effect. Even maxed out, it's 13 dice at a 3+, 2/3 average will Hit, meaning around 8 damage or so.

Kyria & Karl, Gabriella, Snapjaw, Vianna, Don Santiago, and Demarco (all Core box) can do that as well, each without needing the Kraken Pool to be that high.

Unless CMON posts an updated errata, we play with level 1 with a range of 11. It's also equally possible that if there is a printing error, it could be that level 2 should be a range of 11, not 1. I don't think Jones is terribly overpowered with this ability as he is Davey Jones after all, and it's a kickstarter exclusive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Jackson
Australia
Tasmania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
As the person you quoted is the games designer, I do believe that he may know what it is supposed to be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Scott
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Well, that's good to know for sure; I didn't know Michael was the designer of the actual game. If this is the case, shouldn't an updated errata be published rather than having to find this out deep in a message board?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.