Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Gloomhaven» Forums » General

Subject: Question about color of class cards/mats (Please keep answers SPOILER FREE) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Corey Mayo
United States
Schertz
TX
flag msg tools
Have you paid your dues, Jack?
badge
Yes sir, the check is in the mail.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have not unlocked any new classes, but I'm wondering about the significance of the card/mat colors. I noticed that there are more colors of summons tokens than colors in the original six unlocked classes. We have purple for Spellweaver, brown for Tinkerer, green for Cragheart (green-yellow?) and Scoundrel, and blue for the Brute and Mindthief...

Can someone that has unlocked many of the new classes please give a spoiler-free hint at the significance of the colors? Honestly, I can't make the connections between green for Cragheart/Scoundrel, and blue for the Brute and Mindthief, so I'm curious if it becomes apparent. Maybe a connection to the elemental infusions? But that doesn't explain brown--there's no brown infusion. Maybe purple = ALL elements and brown = natural elements only?

I'm hoping the answer is:

Once you unlock every different color of character class, you will find an envelope under your chair marked "O"
YOU GET A CAR!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a hint:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh McDowell
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cmmayo wrote:
I have not unlocked any new classes, but I'm wondering about the significance of the card/mat colors. I noticed that there are more colors of summons tokens than colors in the original six unlocked classes. We have purple for Spellweaver, brown for Tinkerer, green for Cragheart (green-yellow?) and Scoundrel, and blue for the Brute and Mindthief...

Can someone that has unlocked many of the new classes please give a spoiler-free hint at the significance of the colors? Honestly, I can't make the connections between green for Cragheart/Scoundrel, and blue for the Brute and Mindthief, so I'm curious if it becomes apparent. Maybe a connection to the elemental infusions? But that doesn't explain brown--there's no brown infusion. Maybe purple = ALL elements and brown = natural elements only?

Once you unlock every different color of character class, you will find an envelope under your chair marked "O"
YOU GET A CAR!

I guess I can answer this since I'm the one that picked the colors. I chose the color of each character based on color that was in the character art. The summon tokens I just chose different colors that I thought looked nice. Sorry there isn't more to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Mayo
United States
Schertz
TX
flag msg tools
Have you paid your dues, Jack?
badge
Yes sir, the check is in the mail.
mbmbmbmbmb
mcscowl wrote:
cmmayo wrote:

YOU GET A CAR!

I guess I can answer this since I'm the one that picked the colors. I chose the color of each character based on color that was in the character art. The summon tokens I just chose different colors that I thought looked nice. Sorry there isn't more to it.

"Sometimes, a pipe is just a pipe." --someone smarter than me.

Edit: In my defense, there was a LOT of time and thought put into this game. Also, I saw someone mentioning in a thread the "color-coded classes." I think he was just talking about how each character's set of content is color-coordinated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lucus Trout
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mcscowl wrote:
cmmayo wrote:

YOU GET A CAR!

Is anyone else wondering if it still might be a delightful misdirect? It reminds me of something that's a spoiler.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
The "4 envelopes is a misprint" thing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Senser
United States
Chicago
IL
flag msg tools
Yes they do.
badge
This isn't my dog.
mbmbmbmbmb
lucusvonlucus wrote:
Is anyone else wondering if it still might be a delightful misdirect?

MAJOR SPOILERS:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
You're over-thinking it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.