Aeon's End» Forums » General

Subject: Aeon's End: The War Eternal is live! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin 'qxc' Riley
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The next installment in Aeon's End ups the ante with all new nemeses, mages, spells, gems and relics. Our team has been hard at work the past year taking everything we've learned and applying it in force to create a deeper, more varied and strategic experience.

Hundreds of playtester games have helped us further refine the core concepts in order to truly bring out the best in Aeon's End.

Thanks to everyone who's supported our passion until now. More information coming soon.

Live: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2012515236/aeons-end-wa...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Hello!
badge
I had to spend this geek gold on something
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Aeon's End: The War Eternal coming to KS 3/21
That's only a few days away, and getting it in just before everyone spends all of their money on the Gloomhaven reprint . Very excited.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Teti
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
qxc0 wrote:
The next installment in Aeon's End ups the ante with all new nemeses, mages, spells, gems and relics. Our team has been hard at work the past year taking everything we've learned and applying it in force to create a deeper, more varied and strategic experience.

Hundreds of playtester games have helped us further refine the core concepts in order to truly bring out the best in Aeon's End.

Thanks to everyone who's supported our passion until now. More information coming soon.

Oh great wow Now I have to decide on this or Too many bones that pre-orders end on the 31st. There's only so much I can spend on Board games. Too many bones is pretty pricey but seems solid.

Beware about KS exclusivity though. I hate them and don't like the fact that there are KS promos in the last KS for aeon's End that I couldn't back when the Nameless expansion was available for KS backers. Now it's hard to find.

Is this the stand alone that was mentioned before?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin 'qxc' Riley
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yea, this is the new content that I've hinted about here and there. Old expansions (depths/nameless) will also be available through the KS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Blaze
United States
Brooklyn
NY
flag msg tools
So hyped to see what you all have come up with. Glad to hear more people will be able to get their hands on the expansions too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricardo Pinheiro
Portugal
flag msg tools
mb
qxc0 wrote:
Yea, this is the new content that I've hinted about here and there. Old expansions (depths/nameless) will also be available through the KS.

And there will be stretch goals that will only be available as an expansions when retail?

I'm asking this,because it helps me with the postage. For example, i didn't back Aeons End, because i was to late...but:

KS: Base Game/The Nameless=45€+15€(postage)=60€( gets better if i get the depths)

Retail: Base game=45€ + The Nameless=20€=65€

I'm getting a 5€ discount and helping the creators.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Shaw
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Kevin, will there be any changes to the older content - updated rules for base game, any errata etc?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Ramm
United States
Northport
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kevin,

Will we be able to pick which expac? I have been able to get Depths, but cannot find Nameless anywhere!

Cannot wait for new expac KS!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin 'qxc' Riley
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We've updated some old content here and there for clarity and quality of life. Functionality should be ~the same after the changes we made to the base game.

As for what will be available from the KS, we will have stretch goals. The Nameless will be available. Sorry I can't be more specific. More info will be coming soon. We're only a few days out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Shaw
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
qxc0 wrote:
We've updated some old content here and there for clarity and quality of life. Functionality should be ~the same after the changes we made to the base game.

Sorry I got confused... I am assuming copies of the original base game and old expansions offered as add ons in the campaign won't be like a 2nd edition with an updated ruleset then? Coming in as a newbie here with no experience of what might have been errata'd or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Little
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
There will be a pledge level to get all of the Aeon's End content that has been printed including War Eternal.

There will be a pledge level to add one of the original expansions, The Nameless or The Depths. You'll pick which one during the survey.

There will be a pledge level to get both The Nameless and The Depths.

Our plan is to use a similar structure as last time with the stretch goals where the stretch goals will be used to build an additional expansion that will be out in retail much later than when backers receive their rewards, and will, of course, be free to backers as they have unlocked those goals.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasquale Cirone
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm very new to the game having just purchased the base game at retail. I'm eager to go whole hog into the KS!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, good grief. No, no, no. I am trying to back FEWER kickstarter projects this year. YOU ARE MAKING ME FAIL. I hope you're happy with yourselves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Shaw
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
awsh wrote:
qxc0 wrote:

Sorry I got confused... I am assuming copies of the original base game and old expansions offered as add ons in the campaign won't be like a 2nd edition with an updated ruleset then? Coming in as a newbie here with no experience of what might have been errata'd or not.

Will have to wait and see how they choose to present the original game in the new kickstarter i guess, but from the man vs meeple preview just uploaded, it looks like it has undergone a graphic overhaul and they are offering an upgrade package for the cards/boards with new art and layout.... makes me wish I hadn't just bought it at retail...

Also wondering if the upgrade package will include upgraded stuff for the first two expansions which I also just ordered...

Might end up costing me an extra ten bucks by the sounds of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin 'qxc' Riley
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Kickstarter is live here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2012515236/aeons-end-wa...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Allen
United States
La Canada Flintridge
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Backed! Huzzah!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Teti
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Habilis wrote:
Backed! Huzzah!

Ok. Now huge question. I may just go with the tier that allows for Nameless and Depths expansions. So with the update pack in mind, will these expansions already have the updated cards for them in the box or will it be the normal printing?

If I get those expansions, will they arrive before War of Eternals and The Void?

Also I'm hoping the quality of the dividers are a bit better. Take not of the Smash up! dividers. They are phenomenal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Hennig
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmb
@Kevin. What are the chances of having individual gem/spell/relic dividers for each set of cards in the game as a stretch goal?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Shaw
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
qxc0 wrote:

As for what will be available from the KS, we will have stretch goals. The Nameless will be available. Sorry I can't be more specific. More info will be coming soon. We're only a few days out.

This didn't really address the fairly substantial changes to the base game at all which was my main question (would there be any changes). I really wish my impatience hadn't got the better of me and I went and purchased the original base game plus expansions last week at retail. I would have definitely waited for this version offered by the kickstarter to have everything matching and in a better designed smaller box to boot.

A little miffed it wasn't properly explained in here when the question was asked.

Plus the fact that the upgrade doesn't upgrade nemesis cards is disappointing. It is likely to upset pretty much everyone so we can only hope they add them as stretch goals or add ons or something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin 'qxc' Riley
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
awsh wrote:
qxc0 wrote:

This didn't really address the fairly substantial changes to the base game at all which was my main question (would there be any changes). I really wish my impatience hadn't got the better of me and I went and purchased the original base game plus expansions last week at retail. I would have definitely waited for this version offered by the kickstarter to have everything matching and in a better designed smaller box to boot.

A little miffed it wasn't properly explained in here when the question was asked.

Plus the fact that the upgrade doesn't upgrade nemesis cards is disappointing. It is likely to upset pretty much everyone so we can only hope they add them as stretch goals or add ons or something.

I apologize for not explaining it better. It wasn't my intention to mislead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricardo Pinheiro
Portugal
flag msg tools
mb
In August/Setempber the Aeons End base game will have the updated content? If no, when it's planned to be launched the 2º edition of the game? I prefer to wait for it, then buying it now as it is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Zuluaga
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have a question, If I get the $130 pledge with the added $20 for the accessory pack:

Kickstarter wrote:
Pledge $130 or more

Voidwalker

One copy of Aeon's End, The Depths, The Nameless, Aeon's End: War Eternal, and The Void with all stretch goals.

All backers can add $20 to receive the Accessory Pack.

Will the expansions and content from the first Aeon's End have the new artwork on the cards and player mats?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Zuluaga
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Minimal wrote:
I have a question, If I get the $130 pledge with the added $20 for the accessory pack:

Kickstarter wrote:
Pledge $130 or more

Voidwalker

One copy of Aeon's End, The Depths, The Nameless, Aeon's End: War Eternal, and The Void with all stretch goals.

All backers can add $20 to receive the Accessory Pack.

Will the expansions and content from the first Aeon's End have the new artwork on the cards and player mats?

So, I just found the answer in the projects FAQ, instead of deleting my post I will post the answer here in case anyone has a similar question.

From the projects FAQ:

If I back at the Voidwalker ($130) level, do I need the Update Pack? If I back one at one of the levels to get Depths or Nameless expansions, will those have the latest graphics?

All the content being sent as rewards for this project will feature the new graphic design.

Backers at the $130 level do not need to add $10 for the update pack, as their content will already have the new layout.

All the expansions sent as part of the $80 and $95 pledge levels will have the new layout. Backers at these levels can choose to add $10 to receive the Update Pack, and will receive cards and character mats for the games & expansions they have purchased.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Teti
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Wow $119k within a 24hr period. Impressed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin 'qxc' Riley
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
SgtTenor wrote:
Wow $119k within a 24hr period. Impressed.

Really excited for the future of Aeon's End. It looks bright
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.