Subject: Safe Zone: A game of Chance! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Pontious
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
Safe Zone is an exciting new WWII themed board game for 2 players. Guide your tank across the treacherous minefield set up for you by your opponent. Your goal is to reach the safe zone, while gathering points along the way; but be careful! There is more than points buried in you path! One wrong move, and you'll hit a mine!

Kickstarter
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/earthos/safe-zone?ref=n...

BBG
https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/214967/safe-zone
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Rowse
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a couple of points of feedback:

* Although it's historically sound, 'Safe Zone' is a slightly awkward name in the current climate, where people have become used to reading about space spaces. It ends up suggesting things that are not tank-related. Unless tanks need an environment free from judgement and/or oppression!

* Your 'tank orbs' are Czech hedgehogs. I can't find any other reference to tank orbs. Also, are you sure that the barbed tape/razor wire is right for the time period? I can only recall images of barbed wire (like what you have strung between Czech hedgehogs in your pledge value graphics) in WW2 photos.

* On the Nice Shooting card, you've spelled 'somehow' 'some how'.

It's probably worth posting the rulebook on the Kickstarter page - it's a really good way of showing potential backers that you've got a compelling and clever game.

Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David E
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Boardgame Aesthete
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree, "Safe Zone" is not going to make English speakers think it's a WWII tank game, it's going to make them think it's another Cards Against Humanity clone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.