Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Arkham Horror: The Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: Essex County Express - Missing Cards 21-23 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Going through this mythos pack, I have all encounter deck cards except 21, 22, and 23. See spoiler for more info, nothing about the story spoiled, just contents of the pack and stuff from the setup page. Hidden for those who want to be supremely surprised when they play.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
All cards are X out of 36. There are four identical Weakness cards labeled 20/36 that appear to be unique to the scenario. Perhaps these are intended to occupy slots 20-23?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Spoiler (click to reveal)
From Asmodee NA:

Quote:
Hello! Thanks for reaching out. There was a printing issue with ‘Across Space and Time’. It should have been cards 20/36, 21/36, 22/36, and 23/36. Four copies of ‘Across Space and Time’ is the correct number, and the next card in the pack should be ‘Helpless Passenger’ 24/36. As this issue does not affect gameplay, you should have everything you need to investigate the horrors of the Essex County Express! Enjoy!
4 
 Thumb up
0.50
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B.D. Flory
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Huh. That's interesting. Based on The core box and Dunwich, multiple copies of weaknesses sharing their card number is the norm. Wonder if that's changing going forward, or that response is in error?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Marley
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Arkham Chronicle talks about this issue in their setup video. Key point nothing is missing.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bd flory wrote:
Huh. That's interesting. Based on The core box and Dunwich, multiple copies of weaknesses sharing their card number is the norm. Wonder if that's changing going forward, or that response is in error?

In all those instances those multiple weaknesses are Player Cards. Player Cards do not have Encounter Group (X/Y) numbers, they only have Set numbers.
And, in all cases, all copies of the same named card get the same Set number. But different copies of the same named card in an Encounter Group get different Encounter Group numbers.

Two different sets of numbers that work in two different ways.

The error is in the printing, not in the response.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B.D. Flory
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Good point. Story assets and other non-basic weaknesses follow the x/y convention as well.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Martin
msg tools
mb
Probably the first Helpless Passenger should have been numbered 21/36 instead of 24/36, but then the total number of scenario cards would no longer be 36.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
emart40x wrote:
Probably the first Helpless Passenger should have been numbered 21/36 instead of 24/36, but then the total number of scenario cards would no longer be 36.

I guess you didn't read my first post in this thread.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Martin
msg tools
mb
It's your second post that I was replying to, not the first.

Just noting that if FFG wanted to label Lost in Time and Space like a player card, they could have kept them all 20/36 and continued the next card (Helpless Passenger) with 21/36, but then they would have had to change the total number of cards from 36 to 33.

Not a big deal in any case, as long as everything's okay and totally playable.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
emart40x wrote:
It's your second post that I was replying to, not the first.

Just noting that if FFG wanted to label Lost in Time and Space like a player card, they could have kept them all 20/36 and continued the next card (Helpless Passenger) with 21/36, but then they would have had to change the total number of cards from 36 to 33.

I understand that. My point was, though, that it's clear from the response I got from Asmodee that the other three copies of 'Lost in Time and Space' were meant to be numbered 21/36, 22/36, and 23/36.

And the reason they do it that way is precisely because the second part of the Encounter Group number indicates the total number of cards, including duplicates, in the Encounter Group.

emart40x wrote:
Not a big deal in any case, as long as everything's okay and totally playable.

Indeed.

I suspect, though, that it will get corrected in future printings.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.