6 Posts

Dwar7s Fall» Forums » General

Subject: Game mat rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gavin Anderegg
Canada
flag msg tools
I just got the game today via Kickstarter reward, and I'm very excited to give it a go. The only thing that's kinda weird: the game mat kinda smells odd. I'm not sure if this is just normal for the mat's material, or something weird about my mat in particular. Has anyone else noticed this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Waller
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say very normal. I've had several mats that smelled weird initially, but it wears off after a while.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ilja Preuß
Germany
Karlsruhe
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Depends on what you mean by "odd". Mine smells like neoprene. Which you could say is an odd smell, but not really odd for a mat made of neoprene...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geert Van conkelberge
Belgium
Asse
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Same here... but I suppose it will reduce after a while

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavin Anderegg
Canada
flag msg tools
ipreuss wrote:
Depends on what you mean by "odd". Mine smells like neoprene. Which you could say is an odd smell, but not really odd for a mat made of neoprene...

Odd is vague, but I was trying to avoid being unkind. It smelled a bit like cat pee.

It seems to have gotten a lot better over time, though. I was able to air it out over the weekend and now you can barely smell it. It was all shipped in the same box, but nothing else smells that way, so that's good. It didn't really hit me until I unwrapped the mat from its plastic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
My cat rejected the mat. Came home from work to find it thrown-up-upon. Luckily, it was still in plastic. Can't wait to open it to find more feline fragrances.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.