Star Trek: Frontiers» Forums » Rules

Subject: Combat vs. Away Missions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gene Selfish
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've realized today that I'm a bit confused about the use of the term "Combat" and its single phases in undiscovered cards and AA cards.
To go straight to the point, so far I assumed that:

1) Combat is a broad definition that includes both space combat and away missions. As a confirmation, Perfect Cloak is to my knowledge the only effect that mentions the Shield phase and it feels the need to specify that it can be played only during space combat.
2) When carrying out both a space and a planet combat during the same action (e.g. during a Borg Cube assault or in the Liberate the Research Station scenario), the two steps are considered as separate combats. So for example, Advanced Range/Superior Range can be played either during the space combat or the away mission, but it cannot affect both Long Range Attack phases. Effects that say "this turn", however, apply to both combats.

Am I correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Parks
United States
Somerset
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Marvel Strike Teams (2018)
badge
Marvel Strike Teams: November 2018
mbmbmbmbmb
This sounds correct to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Selfish
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the confirmation Andrew.
It was probably all obvious, but I ended up being confused by the multitude of seemingly interchangeable terms used in cards and rules text: combat, away missions, encounters, enemy tokens, planet tokens, ship tokens, space combat, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.