Subject: Liberate the Research Stations - Solo rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gene Selfish
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules are the same as the standard competitive scenario, except:

- Remove the four interactive Undiscovered Cards, use the standard Dummy Player rules.
- Setup with 6 Frontier tiles (include all three with a Research Station) and the 3 Core tiles that include a Research Station. No Borg Cube is included.
- Ignore the Greatest Liberator bonus in the final score.

This setup is highly recommended as a shorter, more challenging alternative scenario, that also emphasizes Away Missions a bit more than the standard Solo Conquest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin
United Kingdom
HITCHIN
HERTS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds interesting. I have only played this game solo using the standard conquest (but still loving it). As I like the away missions mechanic I will have to try this scenario. I think the game is crying out for some scenario cards rather than in the rule book. Has anyone come up with anything like that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Selfish
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This game definitely needs more scenarios, particularly for solo play.
The one I've posted here was a natural extension of the solo mines liberation variant created for Mage Knight, in the future I'd like to adapt more existing solo scenarios from MK.
Solo Dungeon Lords would probably be the next. I have in mind a rough background story based on a network of wormholes being created by the Romulans that the player needs to take down. I don't think it will be based on away missions like this one, however.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Parks
United States
Somerset
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Marvel Strike Teams (2018)
badge
Marvel Strike Teams: November 2018
mbmbmbmbmb
nyrang wrote:
This game definitely needs more scenarios, particularly for solo play.

Coming soon to a sector near you... whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.