GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

8,915 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Eric Buscemi
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Travis D Hill, first appeared on Episode 78
@travisdhill
www.lowplayercount.com

1. Introduce yourself. Where are you from? What should listeners know about you?

My name is Travis and I am from the great state of Texas, currently residing in Dallas. I'm in my 7th year of teaching high school Spanish, Academic Decathlon, and creative writing. Outside of professional stuff, I've been married for 8 years to this girl I met way back in college. We have one handsome boy, Sir Percival, our five year old pembroke welsh corgi. My free time, whatever isn't allocated to boardgaming, generally revolves around craft coffee, reading old french classics to hard science fiction, and quirky fun, local food. I've also been fortunate to be able to edit rulebooks for a number of companies like GMT Games, What's Your Game, Sierra Madre Games, and more...

2. What games or types of games are you interested in?

I trend to heavier economic games, weird euros, and wargames. Games rooted in historical time periods always fascinate me, hence enjoying wargames. On the opposite end, anything that is a dexterity game, I will try out. Absolutely love them. Beyond this, I love solitaire gaming. As about a third of my games played are solo, having option is a big draw to me in terms of the games I choose to buy. That doesn't mean that every game should have a solo mode or that I will purchase any and all games with a solitaire variant, but rather the consideration of how a specific game system can be changed or woven into a solitaire setting fascinates me. Solo gaming for me is not something I do simply because I don't have anyone to play with, but instead is one of my preferred player counts.

3. Do you have a favorite game or games you enjoy most?

Roads & Boats, Twilight Struggle, Fields of Arle, D-Day at Omaha Beach, Navajo Wars, Cuba Libre, and most recently, The Colonists.

4. What are some of the most memorable experiences have you had with tabletop board games in the past?

Any and all memorable experiences I have had revolve around my meetings and interactions with people in the hobby, whether that's industry people or fans of the show or simply people I have interacted with digitally, each time I meet someone face-to-face is a great experience.

5. What is the focus of your WDYPTW segment?

I take (right about) two minutes to explain something that excites me for that week. This could be a kickstarter, pre-order, or discussion about an upcoming game. Or it could be some 27 year old out of print train game that I found for a reasonable price. At the beginning of each month I recap the games I played previously. And while I don't participate each and every week, I do enjoy taking only two minutes out of your time to hopefully put something new or different on your radar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Hill
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey that's me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Kempf
United States
Jefferson City
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
travisdhill wrote:
Hey that's me!

It certainly is!!

So Travis was on the show waaaaaaay back in episode 25 as a Meet the Gamer segment and holy cow, Travis was wonderful and my editing was awful, lol. I recently went back and listened to it and felt horrible, like we almost need to do a new one.

You can hear Travis at around the 11:00 mark or so, this was long before I put time stamps in the descriptions.

But you all mostly probably know Travis from his wonderful work on Low Player Count and his awesome straight to the point 2 Minutes with Travis segments that he has done on WDYPTW which he started back in Week 78 where he first got excited on air about A Feast for Odin(42:08).

Travis is one of the folks on this show that I still have not had the privelige to meet, and yes, there are quite a few folks like that on the show, but through various ways of communicating via social media and listening to him talk, I think of Travis as a good friend and someone I'd love to sit down and have a good cup of coffee with and possibly play something way outside my comfort zone as I have a feeling that Travis has an uncanny ability to make everyone feel welcome and comfortable.

Thanks Travis!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.