Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eddie B
United States
Unspecified
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
We played our first game slightly wrong and gave every player in clockwise order the chance to call a bluff. As soon as somebody called it we would stop of course. I thought it actually worked pretty well since everybody is more involved in the game and it can actually tell you a bit more information of what dice players might have.

Any thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hancock
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's an interesting way of playing it. Did it feel like the game dragged on though or a turn drag on?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie B
United States
Unspecified
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
Tough to say. It was only a 3 player game. I felt like it maybe added 2-3 minutes total at most.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hancock
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aw be curious if it would be a good variant at 4+ players

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
www.Meetup.com/ArizonaGames
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I must be missing something here. Why would ANYONE jump in line to call a bluff? You'd be risking at min 25% of your dice, or worse case all of them. To what advantage would you do this?

I can maybe see it at higher player counts, but lower ones seems even more foolish. Unless maybe you see an opening to win, but you need to lose a die and end the game quickly?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie B
United States
Unspecified
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
isellsunshine wrote:
I must be missing something here. Why would ANYONE jump in line to call a bluff? You'd be risking at min 25% of your dice, or worse case all of them. To what advantage would you do this?

I can maybe see it at higher player counts, but lower ones seems even more foolish. Unless maybe you see an opening to win, but you need to lose a die and end the game quickly?

That could be a reason yes. My son wanted the game to end so he called bluff every signle time.

There can be other situations as well. 3 players. Player one has one die, player two has one die, player three has three dice. Player one says "3 poison". Player two doesn't know if calling bluff would be a good move, but player three might know and can call bluff with zero risk.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.