Hide
5 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: What would you recommend ... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Purkiss
msg tools
Based on the games I currently have what you you recommend?

CO-OP>
Lord of the Rings LCG
Fuse
Hanabi
Bomb Squad
Ghost Stories + White Moon + Black Secret + Guardhouse
Warhammer Quest
Death Angel
Aeon’s End
Shadowrun Crossfire
Dead Men Tell No Tales
Burgle Bros

Solo>
Onirim
Sylvion

2 Player / Other>
7 Wonders Duel + Pantheon
Summoner Wars (all but 1 expansion)
Cosmic Run
Martial Art
Butterfly Garden
51st State
Neuroshima Hex!
Neuroshima Convoy
Small Star Empires
Herbacious
Lords of Waterdeep
Matcha
Fugitive
Onitama (abstract)
Onami (abstract)
Haru Ichiban (abstract)

Haven't played yet>
Eminent Domain Microcosm
Eminent Domain Battle Cruisers
Overseers
Bang! the Dice Game
Yomi
Tichu
Centauri Saga
Mage Knight
Shadowrun: Encounters
Carrier Commander
Anachrony (got it based on the theme, generally I don't like Euro's, aside from Waterdeep is the only one that appealed to me)

Also have some coming from Kickstarter, should be backing Tiger and the Lady, Gloomhaven, Paperback, Hardback and the Aeon's End expansion, as well as getting the new FUSE, Onitama and 51st State expansions.

Based on my list are there any games that would fit my collection?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I recommend that you play some games off your unplayed list before getting more. You have some great games there collecting dust.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edwin Woody
United States
Pottsboro
Texas
flag msg tools
I'm trying to reform though.
badge
On the restless road to nowhere, there's no certain peace it seems.
mbmbmbmbmb
1637south
MAJBrown22 wrote:
I recommend that you play some games off your unplayed list before getting more. You have some great games there collecting dust.

+1.
I am trying to get every game I own played at least once this year except Blue Moon Legends and Merchant of Venus (second edition).

I got several more played just this morning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Purkiss
msg tools
It's a fair point, part of it is Battlecruisers having had 1 game and going and getting a "meh" reaction, Microcosm has very unclear rules, Overseers has artwork that some women in my group may not get on with and Mage Knight / Anarchrony on the face of it look a bit overwhelming in terms of rules as they are fairly heavy games.

The other thing being that we're play through LoTR LCG a second time and have 25 new quests to do, should be doing a fair amount of that over Easter, I like the game, although it can be a bit grindy at times.

I should be getting Bang the Dice game played this weekend, Burgle Bros and Bomb Squad are on the played list, as I am to do that this weekend.

Kind of glad I didn't back Gloomhaven 1st time round, as that list would be longed.

I find it's nice to look out for new games every now and again, as it mixes things up a bit, Fugitive being a recent one I liked a lot, great little game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Arkham Horror: The Card Game (since you like LotR LCG & WHQ:TCG)

Bye
Thanee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.