Popular Tags: [View All]
Popular Culture
Australia
Canberra
Australian Capital Territory
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hello,

I really am ver very happy and impressed by this game and was hoping, are there any expansions planned for this beauty? Any body have any ideas?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krisztian Posch
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Trickerion: Dahlgaard's Gifts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris saman
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Expansions? Would love to get my hands on the base game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Triest
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To be honest what are you looking for that the base game doesn't have. All an expansion would do is bloat the game. It is a very solid game and those tend not to need expansions in my eyes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Taranto
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Only thing I could see added would be more trick variety, maybe? To allow for a more random setup. That's about it. Or some performance cards with cool slightly altered mechanisms in terms of trick placement (like incorporating the suit types more?).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you please add a question mark to your subject. It looks like an announcement rather than a question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Schmidt
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the_windcaster wrote:
Only thing I could see added would be more trick variety, maybe? To allow for a more random setup. That's about it. Or some performance cards with cool slightly altered mechanisms in terms of trick placement (like incorporating the suit types more?).

I agree with philtrees, but also with this. I could see some small additions, that doesn't really add any new concepts, but more variety overall. Not that it's needed though

One thing I've thought about is that it would be nice if the different sides of the trick markers was "inverted" when it comes to where the trick symbols are placed. Or if all of them where just different from each other. I mostly play Trickerion 2-player, and even with the special performance cards from Duel of Magicians, if both players mostly keep within their preferred trick category, it often becomes a little too hard to make trick links.

Giving all markers the same alternative layout on the backside would make linking tricks easier.

Giving all markers different layouts, but perhaps the same on both sides, would make linking tricks easier when you have plenty of markers left to choose from, but also add a little extra mini-game of figuring out which markers you should keep for the next trick placing action. Although that would perhaps just make the game even more AP-inducing without actually adding any major value.

But on the whole, I can't really see that there would be enough possible content to add to form another expansion, especially not at a reasonable price point. And I also don't really imagine there would be a very big market for another expansion.

But who knows? It seems interest in Trickerion has spiked on the back of Anachrony's success. A few more really successful games from Mindclash, and perhaps there will be time for a Trickerion Anniversary Edition kickstarter, and such an expansion could be offered as an add-on for us that have the "Classic Edition"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Désirée Greverud
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
Keeper of the Sacred Aardvark
mbmbmbmbmb
well, the easiest thing to do would be a "more of the same" expansion with a new (5th) school of magic, 2 new magicians, new tricks, et al. there would be issues with trick links and would require new dice so I'm not thinking it will happen though.

In a worker placement game, expansions often involve a new placement spot which could be added here, but any new spots waters down the tightness of the current locations (which could be good for some players and awful for others depending on taste). I suppose a new location could be devised provides upgrades, new resources, alternate tricks or scoring opportunities etc, but say with an extra cost or risk involved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick L
Denmark
Danmark
flag msg tools
That's right. I've got overtext, b****!©
badge
What did I just say?
mbmbmbmbmb
No! There ain't room for it in the box!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Brusky
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Regarding the base game - another reprint is in the works. Expect it this summer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Smith
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DragonsDream wrote:
well, the easiest thing to do would be a "more of the same" expansion with a new (5th) school of magic, 2 new magicians, new tricks, et al. there would be issues with trick links and would require new dice so I'm not thinking it will happen though.

In a worker placement game, expansions often involve a new placement spot which could be added here, but any new spots waters down the tightness of the current locations (which could be good for some players and awful for others depending on taste). I suppose a new location could be devised provides upgrades, new resources, alternate tricks or scoring opportunities etc, but say with an extra cost or risk involved.

I think you could do a 5th without changing dice instead of a symbol they rely on the X mark kinda of a cool play on the fact you would need people to buy other tricks first if no X's are rolled. So it would add a cool idea of wanting X's rolled for the tricks. And each of there tricks will have different symbols rather then a eye for all there tricks some of there tricks will have eyes, others will have the gear and so on.

Would also like to see another worker of some kind added to this just for some more variety, possible different mage discs for mages that have better game abilities but only get say 2 actions instead of 3 for the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Schmidt
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DragonsDream wrote:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Schmidt
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
smith2332 wrote:
DragonsDream wrote:

I think you could do a 5th without changing dice instead of a symbol they rely on the X mark kinda of a cool play on the fact you would need people to buy other tricks first if no X's are rolled. So it would add a cool idea of wanting X's rolled for the tricks. And each of there tricks will have different symbols rather then a eye for all there tricks some of there tricks will have eyes, others will have the gear and so on.

Would also like to see another worker of some kind added to this just for some more variety, possible different mage discs for mages that have better game abilities but only get say 2 actions instead of 3 for the game.

Sorry in advance, but I just can't keep myself. They are stage magicians, illusionists – not mages.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Désirée Greverud
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
Keeper of the Sacred Aardvark
mbmbmbmbmb
SpecularRain wrote:
DragonsDream wrote:

just tossing ideas out there. I think the game is pretty stuffed as it is and no expansions are needed (more than already exist that is)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.