Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Elliott Harding
United States
Rapid City
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The GMT site says the base game is Not There Yet, the first expansion doesn't say anything and the second expansion says it Made The Cut.

If I want to get into this game and order all three tonight, what ships now or later and when are items charged to my credit card?

Same question applies to Talon.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rahul Chandra
Canada
St. John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Close Encounters ships immediately, the others charge shortly before they ship (possibly together). Don't know for Talon, but same general system (P500s charge when almost ready to go).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronald
Germany
Dresden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got Close Encounters yesterday. It took about one week to get here. CE also comes with all counters you need to play the base game. I already have prepared a printer friendly hex map. If you are interested in it, just drop me a line.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Cullen
Canada
Ottawa
flag msg tools
a local shop as Close Encounters available, but I can't find SE4X anywhere. is it worth getting the expansion now incase I can't find it later?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alternatively, you can purchase the SE4X board from GMT directly; just contact their customer service. That + the CE expansion will give you all you need to wait for more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elliott Harding
United States
Rapid City
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What happens if Space empires never reaches 500? Does it not get printed?

Same question for Talon

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
[This space is intentionally left empty]
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eharding wrote:

Same question for Talon

Thanks!
Both are/were already scheduled for reprint, Space Empires reprint was set for Q3 this year (for some reason it is no longer on the schedule as per the latest GMT update, probably an oversight rather than cause for concern) and Talon is set for July this year.

The P500 really isn't a hard and fast cutoff anymore, especially for reprints lower numbers can still be reprinted if the game was/is popular.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Krohn
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Ahhh....my misspent youth...
mbmbmbmbmb
Reprints almost always get printed before they get to 500. They are proven to be successful designs, but many of the P500 crowd already has them so the P500 order number is not reflective of how it will sell in the marketplace.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Hansen
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ze_German_Guy wrote:
eharding wrote:

Same question for Talon

Thanks!
Both are/were already scheduled for reprint, Space Empires reprint was set for Q3 this year (for some reason it is no longer on the schedule as per the latest GMT update, probably an oversight rather than cause for concern) and Talon is set for July this year.

Good news! It's on their latest update. Looks like a July release. I can't ​wait.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S H

Arkansas
msg tools
Hi Ronald. I'm interested in the printer-friendly hex map for Space Empires 4X you mentioned in the thread above. My copy of Close Encounters arrived today, but I'm not sure when I'll be able to get the base game. Can you help? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.