Subject: Combat Contact and Initiative rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Bowker
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry if this is answered on here somewhere but I am trying to find an answer to a question that I just realized I have. When reading the SHOW rules I see where initiative for Close Combay is determined by counting the number of cards in hand and adding the number of fight cards drawn for the soldiers in that fight. That total is your initiative number.

That means the initiate for that fight could be different than the actual turn.

The SHOW rules also say that optionally a player may make all Combact Comtacts into Close Combat which involves a shoot phase.

In the SDD rules the initiative for Combat Contact is also determined by adding the number of cards in hand to the number of cards drawn.

Previous iterations of the SMG rules maintained the turn initiative, at the moment of combat.

My question is if the SHOW and SDD method of determining initiative, whether Close Combat or Combat Contact, has been changed for SMG? I remember someone telling me that it was going to be at some point. I realize that it isn't in the 2.0 rules but was wondering what was being used at tournaments. I haven't seen Jeff Billings in a while (hope to catch him this weekend) but probably won't see him until after I run a game tomorrow.

Thanks

Sorry for all the typos. Trying to do this on a phone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffery McCulloch
United States
Buda
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules will change in SMG to match that of SDD and SHOW for determining initiative in a Fight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bowker
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. That is what I figured but wasn't sure. Since the game I am running today could have some close Combat I wanted to use this because it gives more unpredictable results because you aren't exactly sure who will have initiative in the fight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
skippykaos wrote:
The rules will change in SMG to match that of SDD and SHOW for determining initiative in a Fight.

The rules will change? When will that happen?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It changed with SHOW and will be incorporated into the compendium when that comes out. Rhat's my guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffery McCulloch
United States
Buda
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maus wrote:
It changed with SHOW and will be incorporated into the compendium when that comes out. Rhat's my guess.

Correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The compendium will be the combining of all the rule books into a single comprehensive rule book. So, for SMG, we'll have the following in the comprehensive rule book, with it all integrated together and checked for clarity and consistency:

- SMG rules
- SHOW rules
- X-Terrain rules
- Urban combat rules
- Characters (From Red Devils)
- Anything else that might be coming down the pipeline...

Jeff M is heading up the rules rewrite for both SMG and SDD, and he will know the exact timetable and availability for those things.

Our household can't wait for the new ruleset. While we can play with what we have now, we sometimes have questions and just wing it. We'd like to participate in any way we can to make the game better for everyone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ganshaw
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Huzzah, for I combined rules compendium!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
4stephen wrote:
Having a compendium would be an amazing product for the game. Hopefully it won't cost too much to pay for. I'm hoping it will be available in both printed and digital format.

I also hope that it is released in my lifetime. You know how LBG's are with their release schedule soblue

Yes, a compendium would be nice (but I don't play SDD)...as for when...hmmm...that's the million dollar question. And of course, there will need to be updates whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffery McCulloch
United States
Buda
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The compendium has been approved. My intention has been to make it a PDF and a "living" set, free of charge. As always, I'll keep everyone posted on progress.

Also, as new vehicles emerge, I felt it necessary to create a one-sheet information page on tactics, capabilities, and usage for each vehicle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffery McCulloch
United States
Buda
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
4stephen wrote:
Having a compendium would be an amazing product for the game. Hopefully it won't cost too much to pay for. I'm hoping it will be available in both printed and digital format.

I also hope that it is released in my lifetime. You know how LBG's are with their release schedule soblue

I feel you, man, as my son always tells me. My cattle prod is well charged, ready, and proven.

And if I need to use it on my self, ouch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffery McCulloch
United States
Buda
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be damned if I didn't allow this thread to list to starboard. Sorry about that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.