Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wesley Swingley
United States
DeKalb
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
As the owner of some recent monster-sized games (War of the Ring Anniversary Edition, Mechs vs. Minions, Gloomhaven, Tokaido Collector's Edition, and others), I'm curious if anyone has come up with a nice, classy way to display some of your bigger games that might not otherwise fit in your normal collection shelves.

Some thoughts I've contemplated: floating shelves for individual games to sit facing outward, glass-front cases, custom coffee table with glass top and storage beneath... I'm fairly handy, so creative ideas are welcome, as are pics or links to any nice ideas. Thanks everyone!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Phillips Beckerman
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oh, I like that coffee table idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolja Geldmacher
Germany
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How about flaoting bookshelfs?
https://www.amazon.com/Umbra-Conceal-Floating-Bookshelf-Silv...
Slip the box over the shelf and have it decorate your room
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Swingley
United States
DeKalb
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Flashhawk wrote:
How about flaoting bookshelfs?
https://www.amazon.com/Umbra-Conceal-Floating-Bookshelf-Silv...
Slip the box over the shelf and have it decorate your room

Thanks for the link. That was sorta what I had in mind for wall presentation. There was one suggestion that it can hold 30 lbs, which would do for most games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Reuhl
United States
Oswego
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Highly reccomend something like a display case. Ikea sells some, but most 'hutches' would work the same

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Lanza
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
A display case, I would hate to have to dust it and all the pieces all the time.

If you are handy as you state, why not a case that is themed to match the game or games.

In the case of Gloomhaven since Childres has made a lot of the art work public so that others can make community generated content, you can take some of that to decorate the display case.

With War of the Ring, you can use books or other movie themed items.

Make whatever you are doing a nice display piece.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Swingley
United States
DeKalb
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
turbocooler wrote:
A display case, I would hate to have to dust it and all the pieces all the time.

If you are handy as you state, why not a case that is themed to match the game or games.

In the case of Gloomhaven since Childres has made a lot of the art work public so that others can make community generated content, you can take some of that to decorate the display case.

With War of the Ring, you can use books or other movie themed items.

Make whatever you are doing a nice display piece.

You know it's funny you say that, I hadn't even considered displaying them outside the box. That does change my thoughts on direction for a case.

Thanks all for the ideas!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.