Subject: is my copy the older I.V.edition or the later I.V.edition? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tommy Juli
United States
Portland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,I have some copies for collection in my home.These days I find them out for sale.The box shell is not opened(transparent tape on the shell) but seems no thumbhole.The cards are new in shrink so I could not see what cards are there.The game includes some colorful poker chips and on the camp sheet there is "YES!We'd love to see your game idea".
So there is some quesitons refer to the BGG:
1、It's definitely I.V.eidtion because on the shell it shows I.V.edition.
2、poker chips seem that it's older edittion.
3、no thumbhole and the statement "YES!We'd love to see your game idea" seem it's latest edition.
So I'm confused.
I would be glad and thankful if someone could make me clear.
Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tommy11 wrote:
Hi,I have some copies for collection in my home.These days I find them out for sale.The box shell is not opened(transparent tape on the shell) but seems no thumbhole.The cards are new in shrink so I could not see what cards are there.The game includes some colorful poker chips and on the camp sheet there is "YES!We'd love to see your game idea".
So there is some quesitons refer to the BGG:
1、It's definitely I.V.eidtion because on the shell it shows I.V.edition.
2、poker chips seem that it's older edittion.
3、no thumbhole and the statement "YES!We'd love to see your game idea" seem it's latest edition.
So I'm confused.
I would be glad and thankful if someone could make me clear.
Thank you!
AFAIK, poker chips should be older version. I wasn't aware if the "yes! We'd love..." was limited to the newer I.V version

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wakefield Morys-Carter
United Kingdom
Oxford
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If the deck have no thumb cuts then they are the later edition orders cards.

Glory to Rome I.V used to be assembled by the team and there was definitely a period when poker chips were being included in sets with the newer orders cards. The merchant bonus cards that replace the poker chips came from a newer site deck which is separate from the orders decks. Also, some sets may have both poker chips and merchant bonus cards.

Best wishes,

Wakefield
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Juli
United States
Portland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the explanation!

Wake wrote:
If the deck have no thumb cuts then they are the later edition orders cards.

Glory to Rome I.V used to be assembled by the team and there was definitely a period when poker chips were being included in sets with the newer orders cards. The merchant bonus cards that replace the poker chips came from a newer site deck which is separate from the orders decks. Also, some sets may have both poker chips and merchant bonus cards.

Best wishes,

Wakefield
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.