Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
William Jason Raynovich
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, after reading the rules, and looking online on consimworld and here in all the game folders. . . .

And with the knowledge that it is nearly impossible to have a collision be unavoidable.

Does one have to do a tack maneuver to avoid a collision? I do not believe so given the rules as written, but it is a way to avoid collision.

William

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McG
Australia
Penshurst
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Players must make every effort to avoid Collision by turning, backing sails etc.

so I would say tacking is part of the "etc", bearing in mind a ship has to start in beating upwind to use tacking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Jason Raynovich
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Minedog3 wrote:
Players must make every effort to avoid Collision by turning, backing sails etc.

so I would say tacking is part of the "etc", bearing in mind a ship has to start in beating upwind to use tacking.

That is what I thought, but then again, I thought as well, but started to second guess myself. In SotS it is nearly impossible to have a collision it seems to me unless ships start to bunch up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.