Trevor Bender
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I am in the process of designing an official, short scenario that would link Labyrinth with Awakening in a quick playing, one deck format. Essentially it begins with the US Surge in Iraq (2007) and ends with Arab Spring before the start of the Civil Wars (2012), with 60 designated cards from each game covering the events of this 6 year span.

I am looking for play testers who can give it a go a couple times, either two player or solitaire, and send me their thoughts. If interested, send me a note on geek mail or express your interest here.

Trevor
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Aslett

Houston
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Bender
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
As additional information, here is the scenario introduction, which defines the issues the scenario is designed to allow players to explore:

On January 10, 2007, in a televised speech from the White House Library, President George W. Bush announced “a new way forward in Iraq”. He described the overall objective as establishing a "...unified, democratic federal Iraq that can govern itself, defend itself, and sustain itself, and is an ally in the War on Terror.” Although domestically unpopular at first, the deployment of five additional combat brigades - an increase of 20,000 plus combat Troops - had a telling effect. In retrospect, many critics of the surge agree that it was successful and paved the way for President Obama to later declare a form of victory and allow the withdrawal of all US Combat Troops from Iraq by December 18, 2011. A similar surge in Afghanistan was begun in 2010 with comparable results, though fearing a collapse into Civil War as in Iraq, the US Troops in Afghanistan remained. A back drop to all of this was the contested presidential election in the US in 2008, Iran in 2009 and the Arab Spring in much of the rest of the Muslim world in 2010-2012. Can the US conclude its two Regime Change operations begun shortly after 9/11 by destroying Al-Qaeda in Iraq, and guide the protests of the Arab Spring away from extremist influence, or will Jihadist elements intervene to sow chaos in the new “puppet governments” and steer the popular street movements towards the replacement of unpopular regimes with Islamist Rule?

This short scenario will explore how the Muslim world changed in the time period covered by the end of LABYRINTH and the beginning of AWAKENING. It serves as a transitional teaching tool to introduce AWAKENING concepts to seasoned LABYRINTH players, and to teach new players the game system. For those desiring a longer scenario covering the entire period since 9/11, see the Campaign Game on Page 17 of the AWAKENING Rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Cusson
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would be also interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HEEREN Xavier
Belgium
Liège
Lièe
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
mp sent

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
Interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bones marones
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
I too would be very interested in testing out the scenario - thanks !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Kilcommons
msg tools
Very interested in helping play test this!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Has this scenario been finished/released since?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Bender
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
David, thanks for asking.

The Surge scenario has completed play-test and is now in final layout to be included inside C3i#31 as a stand alone card stock scenario that can be stored with the game. C3i#31 should be coming out in a couple months.

I also plan to run a tournament of this scenario at the San Diego Historical Game Convention (SDHISTCON) on November 10-12, 2017, and will have copies for players at that event. http://www.sdhist.com/

Also, and BTW, Labyrinth: Awakening was published one year ago today! Thanks to all of you for your questions and support. I hope many have enjoyed the mental puzzles this game creates!

Trevor
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Bender
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
All,

The 2007 Surge scenario for Labyrinth & Awakening is now available as a card stock insert to C3iNr31, which can be purchased at the C3i OpsCenter at:

http://www.c3iopscenter.com/currentops/c3i-magazine-issue-31...

Enjoy the newest published scenario in the series, and post any comments or questions here and I will be sure to reply.

Trevor

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.