Jack Wilson
United States
California
flag msg tools
Hi I was playing today and a question has came up Can you get a mythic charge from getting basic blessing since the blessing has the mythic trait so would you get a mythic charge I know there is a abilitys on the card says discard to get a mythic charge but will you get a mythic when you encounter the basic blessing thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ahearne
United States
Ayer
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like you are misunderstanding the card.

Blessing of Ascension wrote:
If you encounter this card and you have a mythic charge, you automatically acquire it.
Discard this card to add 1 die to any check.
Discard this card to explore your location.
Discard this card to get a mythic charge.

If you already have a mythic charge, and you encounter a Blessing of Ascension, then you automatically acquire the Blessing of Ascension. (You don't roll to see if you acquire it.)

You do not get a mythic charge just for encountering the card.

However, if you have the card in your hand, you can discard it to get a mythic charge.

Note:
-- If you are playing a B scenario, you're going to have to discard all your mythic charges at the end of your turn, because the number of mythic charges you keep can't exceed the current adventure number.
-- You CAN discard a BoA during an encounter to gain a mythic charge, IF you have a mythic path AND the skill you are using on the current check is one for which you get a bonus from the number of mythic charges you have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Edwards
United States
Bridgewater
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Or you're misunderstanding the rule for acquiring mythic charges.

"If you encounter a bane that has the Mythic trait, when it is defeated, your character gets a mythic charge."

It only applies to defeating banes, not acquiring boons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle O'Brien
United States
California
flag msg tools
medwards wrote:

"If you encounter a bane that has the Mythic trait, when it is defeated, your character gets a mythic charge."

How many banes have the Mythic trait? I was looking through all of AD 2 and 3, and saw maybe 1 card with it. Is it really that rare that until like AD 4 or later we are pretty screwed on getting charges except through using Blessings of Ascension?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Warner
United States
Middletown
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wheels02 wrote:
medwards wrote:

How many banes have the Mythic trait? I was looking through all of AD 2 and 3, and saw maybe 1 card with it. Is it really that rare that until like AD 4 or later we are pretty screwed on getting charges except through using Blessings of Ascension?

By my count:

Set B: 1
Set 2: 3
Set 3: 1
Set 4: 7
Set 5: 8

I think a lot of them are the servitor demon henchmen, so you'll see them fairly regularly.

There are other cards (some items and spells) that give you charges as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ahearne
United States
Ayer
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Of course you start the scenario with a number of mythic charges = AD#.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.