Global Nomad
Portugal
Barcelona
flag msg tools
The 16th century São João Baptista, also known as Botafogo (Spitfire) was a Portuguese galleon warship considered the most powerful warship in the world at the time.
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked up this game again, and while planning move I ma not certain of the rules.

The rulebook states the following MP costs:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
1 MP moving from one lakeside town to another.

1 MP pick up any number of land units (if capacity allows).There is no cost to pick up naval units or drop them off.

1 MP drop off any amount of land units.

1 MP to enter a Lake Control Box.

2 MPs to move from any lakeside town on Lake Erie or Huron to the Lake Transit Box (no units can end their turn in the Lake Transit Box).

+1 MP an amphibious attack costs 1 extra MP over and above the regular cost of 1 MP to disembark land units.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I assume there is also a cost of 1 MP to exit from a lake control box to a lake city, correct ?

Also I assume it is possible to move directly from the Lake transit box to any lake city in Lake Huron or Eerie, correct ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gilbert Collins
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
>>>I assume there is also a cost of 1 MP to exit from a lake control box to a lake city, correct ?<<

I wouldn't have worded it that way but the effect is the same. Since the naval unit is moving to a lake side town, yes it would cost 1 mp. It is also possible of course to move from a lake transit box to any lakeside town on Lake Huron or Lake Erie. (In that case 2 mps)

Hope this helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Global Nomad
Portugal
Barcelona
flag msg tools
The 16th century São João Baptista, also known as Botafogo (Spitfire) was a Portuguese galleon warship considered the most powerful warship in the world at the time.
mbmbmbmbmb

EDIT

Just to clarify, then moving into/out from a lake control box is 1 MP, and into /out from the lake transit box is 2 MP

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gilbert Collins
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
No, not really. It is the destination that is the key. If you start in a Lake control box and move to a lakeside town it is 1 mp.

You can't end your turn in the Lake Erie - Lake Huron box. So, that situation will never come up.

Wherever your naval unit is, calculate the movement points TO where you are going, not FROM where you began.

But, it does cost 1 mp to ENTER a Lake control box NOT leave it.

Also, remember that you don't have to enter a Lake control box in order to move to another lakeside town. As the name implies, the only reason to enter the Lake Control box is to take control of the lake. That is its purpose. It is not a conduit box to travel to other lakeside towns.

Thus a naval unit can leave port Rowan and travel to Fort Erie at a cost of 1 mp not 2. Examples of play in the play book are good at illustrating this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.