Henrik Schmidt
Germany
Kiel
flag msg tools
Designer of Titans of Steel - www.titansofsteel.de
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There aren't enough stat clips for a 4 payer game with the god pledge, right ?

There seem to be 14 clips and I guess players will need more than 3 eventually. How many extra clip packs (15 clips) do you suggest ?

Do I also need the extension kit to have a smooth 4 player game ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aditya C
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The core box comes with enough for 4 players. IDK where you got that from.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Lo
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmb
Where did you hear this? You should everything you need in the god pledge alone. No board game designer is going to give you an incomplete game in the core box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Schmidt
Germany
Kiel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I counted the clips of the god pledge -> 14.
I divided by players -> 14 / 4 = 3.5

That is less than 4 clips per player. If it is possible to select 4 non troop types for each player than there are not enough clips.

Perhaps I made a mistake but I don't know what part of may assumption is faulty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff ...
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
QW's response to OP's question in KS comments:

@Larkin - you don't need the extension kit for a 4 player game.
if you played with the units in the core box, then you can happily play a 4 player game with no more stat clips. The only reason you might need more is if you collectively use a lot of the low RP units that come in the SG, thus ending up with more than 13 non-troop units in a game. I haven't checked the maths to see what the max possible would be, but that's where the potential for more lies.

Emphasis mine.

So it sounds like there is a possibility if you choose some whack armies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aditya C
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In a four player game you get 8 RP worth units on top of your God. Unless you have all the stretch goals and everyone only selects low RP heroes monsters that isn't going to happen. Generally the higher RP units are extremely strong and not picking them would be sub optimal playing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Schmidt
Germany
Kiel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. So the simple answer is that there are not enough clips to cover every setup. Ok, thats what I wanted to know. Have to buy some more. Looking forward to play the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Lo
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmb
In the unlikely scenario everyone just happens to pick low RP units, then yes. However, if you're picking up any of the big box or some of the small box expansions (Heroes of the Trojan War), you will receive extra clips, which should easily cover all 4-player situations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Chamberland
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Theoretically, you are fine for a 4 player game. If you want to play two 2 player games you need more stat clips. Either buy a stat clip pack or buy the Hera expansion.

Personally, when I have 4 players I plan to draft from a common pool then break into 2 player games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Frag
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Remember, you don't need stat clips for troops, only gods, heroes and monsters. It seems most will have 3 maybe 4 units needing a clip.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.