Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Guarino-Watson
Australia
Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Arguments for both yes and no make sense. Just wondering if there's an official take on it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Fowers
United States
OGDEN
UT
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
I don't reveal them when manhunting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaap K
Netherlands
Utrecht
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I do. Identifying a hide-out, gives you insight in the sprint cards in my opinion.

Oops, I see the designer himself responded. He probably knows

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mick
United States
Baldwinsville
New York
flag msg tools
I reveal them. Apparently it's not "official", but I think it's the right thing to do.

Sprint cards are revealed on revealed hideouts, and the rules say nothing about treating these sprint cards in a special way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ad Astra Per Aspera
United States
Wesley Chapel
Florida
flag msg tools
No matter where you go, there you are.
badge
Preserve Our Wildlife!
mbmbmbmbmb
Isn't card #42 not a hideout? But the fugitive's escape?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Con Sequence
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rules p. 6 wrote:
[If the] Marshal guesses [...] any of the face-down Hideouts in the center row, the Fugitive reveals the Hideout card and any Sprint cards under it.

Hideout #42 is not guessed by the Marshal but revealed by the Fugitive once it is played. So the 'Sprint cards revealing rules' do not apply here and the rules are consistent from my point of view.

Thanks Tim, for clarifying!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Petersen
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
What are those!
badge
このていどだな、ね?
mbmbmbmbmb
We had this discussion come up last night. I would have change the game to have them played face-up as the manhunt would have been successful. As we played it, which seems the correct way the manhunt failed because the Marshal had two choices and guessed wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Schneider
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fubeca wrote:

So, is that an official ruling? Do sprint cards to the final hideout not get revealed ever then, until the game is over? It seems like this one thing really alters they way manhunt can work. May need errata for this. The rules also never say to play hideout #42 facedown or faceup, but it's suppose to cause the end of the game.

The manhunt does seem to allow a huge chance for the Marshall to come back and win out of no where. Though, without a Manhunt, I can see the game being too heavily in the Fugitive's favor. Also, thematically, the Manhunt doesn't make sense (but truly, the game is abstract anyways).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Guarino-Watson
Australia
Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
King of Odonata wrote:
Fubeca wrote:

So, is that an official ruling?

Since he is the game designer, it's about as official as you get.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
Since the title of the question is phrased a little bit ambiguous, to finally triple check: the “I don’t reveal them” answer was for sprint cards played ONLY below 42 card, right? Not for other sprint cards under previous hideouts? (which will be revealed by Marshall when the hideout is guessed, whether it’s manhunt or not).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Con Sequence
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That‘s what I always thought. But then I learned recently that there are different opinions.

Hopefully Tim chimes in again to clarify this (though I still think the non-#42 thing is clear by the rules).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
Since they don't provide any interpretation for their assumptions, I think it's safe to assume they're irrelevant at this point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Con Sequence
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rattkin wrote:
Since they don't provide any interpretation for their assumptions, I think it's safe to assume they're irrelevant at this point.

That’s what I did for all my games up ‘til now. Let them go on trolling

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.