Popular Tags: [View All]
Will Plante
United States
Greenville
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
National Stadium - Once during each income phase, the owner gains 2 victory points for each park area in their district.

I'm curious if anyone else has found this too powerful; in the last few rounds of the game it is quite easy to get tiles which each have two separate parks. By the end of my last play I was scoring 14 points off that one tile.

I've only played the game 4 times so for all I know there are a lot of tiles that will score you those kind of points. It just seemed to me that it is almost too easy to do it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petri Savola
Finland
Espoo
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Papa Ninja wrote:
National Stadium - Once during each income phase, the owner gains 2 victory points for each park area in their district.

I'm curious if anyone else has found this too powerful; in the last few rounds of the game it is quite easy to get tiles which each have two separate parks. By the end of my last play I was scoring 14 points off that one tile.

I've only played the game 4 times so for all I know there are a lot of tiles that will score you those kind of points. It just seemed to me that it is almost too easy to do it.

I agree that it seems to be a strong building, and it often scores 8-10 points even if your strategy wouldn't be getting as many parks as possible. It's difficult to score more than that from other special buildings on the last round even if they combo with your strategy. It's not strong enough to be a tile which you automatically pick every time, but it's definitely a tile to watch out for. So I don't think it breaks the game, but it would make sense if it would cost more or the effect would be smaller (although 1vp per park is probably too bad).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.