Subject: (Spoiler) Essex County Express ( Sleeping Car rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Ppunkt
msg tools
Minor question or wild speculation:

Sleeping Car:
Spoiler (click to reveal)

ACTION: Gain 3 resources. Remember that you have "stolen a passenger's luggage." (Group limit one per game).

Can't find the reference for that. Or should it read "record in the Campaign Log"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthieu Monteil
France
Paris
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Extract from the FAQ, page 2, section "Definitions and Terms":

“Remember that...”
Sometimes a scenario card will instruct the investigators to “remember” a key phrase, often based on an action they have taken or a decision they have made within that scenario. This phrase may come up later during that scenario, and may trigger additional or different effects. There is no need to record this phrase in the Campaign Log, because it will only ever matter during that scenario, or during that scenario’s resolution. The players do not need to “remember” any such instruction beyond the end of the scenario in which it appears.

Cheers,
ilu
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Ppunkt
msg tools
I am aware of that definition, but that phrase does not come up again - or I missed it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Martin
msg tools
mb
It could show up in an alternate storyline or resolution, or even in a later scenario. Maybe if the luggage turns up missing when you arrive in Dunwich, something good or bad happens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yury M
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
emart40x wrote:
It could show up in an alternate storyline or resolution, or even in a later scenario.

A bit wrong, it can be used only in this scenario.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon Baume
Australia
Lismore
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yury1975 wrote:
emart40x wrote:
It could show up in an alternate storyline or resolution, or even in a later scenario.

A bit wrong, it can be used only in this scenario.

You would think that was the case.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
But it has no effect within this scenario's resolutions or encounter cards, unlike if you "cheat" or "have a drink" in The House Always Wins. I suspect this may been an error and there should be a line within each story resolution that relates to you stealing the passengers' luggage, or it should be recorded in the campaign log as it will have an effect in a later scenario.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonatan Rueløkke
msg tools
When it says remember that. It is something for this scenario, otherwise it would be to write in the campaign log. Are you sure there isn't a location or a resolution that uses the bag. If not then it might just be the designer's way of tricking you into thinking it might be dangerous to pick up the suitcase.

I will be able to check once i get home from work whether or not there is a card being affected by this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hopkins
United Kingdom
Edinburgh
Midlothian
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I spotted this too. It's definitely not referenced anywhere in this scenario. I don't wonder if it's there just to make you paranoid or guilty (you common thief! Lining your pockets at a time like this...).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonatan Rueløkke
msg tools
If its not in any of the copies of locations or any of the resolutions, then i just think its an extreemly fun way of tricking people, and get them to avoid taking the 3 resources
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonatan Rueløkke
msg tools
So i checked when i went home yesterday and you guys are correct there is no mention of any effect. This is amazing design to be honest because my group and i, skipped the luggage simply for fear of having to add another chaos token or something like that, just for 3 resources
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Hector
United Kingdom
Portsmouth
flag msg tools
badge
http://brokenmeeple.blogspot.co.uk/
mbmbmbmbmb
I wondered this myself, but I was drained of resources so I nicked it! Bad chaos draws meant the resources were wasted on Hyper Awareness but I won in the end with time to spare (thank you Luca and Hot Streak!)

I then checked the cards and yes it appears like a paranoid trick to stop you taking it which I thought was very clever indeed. Of course next time I play in just going to crack it open without even deliberating! :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.