Subject: Reaching Expensive Cities with High-Voltage Promo rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Timothy Harmon
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I was just curious if anyone uses the BSW High-Voltage Promos as a variant to the regular game. We have played with these for a while, and I can't imagine not using them every time.

If you have not seen the promos, they were designed for the Germany board, but they are just six city connector pipelines that have a cost of "0." They are laid on top of existing connectors on the board.

We have never used them as their separate rules explain. We instead just make them available on any map as an alternative purchase during the auction phase. Players may either bid on a power plant or a promo piece (not both), and only one promo piece can be purchased per phase. We start the bidding at $1.

This "house rule" has made accessing the expensive city connections (i.e. West Coast of USA board) very accessible. It also has made for surprising sneak attacks on late rounds, just when you thought someone was not going to have enough money to buy another city. :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.