Subject: Fort Know how do I read the movement cards? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy Steiger
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey

the layout in fort know is different, it is a 5 by 5 grid instead of a 4 x 4. So how do I interpred the movment cards of the guard? Caus the bluprint is not fitting?? Also what happens if the marked space is the emty one?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
When using Fort Knox, you have to modify the Guard decks as described in the rules.

Split the floor 3 cards into piles with the black and white circles in the corner, and then you'll mix these into the floors 1 & 2 decks. These cards have triangles around the right and bottom edges which represent the 5th rows and columns of Fort Knox instead of using the normal highlighted square.

The rules don't say so, but I'd remove the card corresponding to the empty space since the guard can't travel there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Bolland
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Press PLAY
badge
Loooooooooooooooon!
mbmbmbmbmb
runtsta wrote:
The rules don't say so, but I'd remove the card corresponding to the empty space since the guard can't travel there.

Another way to do this is to simply draw another card when the empty space card comes up. I like to do it this way to keep all the cards in the shuffle so they wear evenly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Steiger
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hm is still donĀ“t get it
The layout of the 4x4 does not match the 5x5 grid? Where is the D4 space in the bigger grid?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe this will help

The guard position of the normal floor (1 or 2) cards is exactly the same. The floor 3 cards (and the spare) have the orange triangles in the outer edge. These two show below row 4, so they're in row 5. I should have included one with a triangle on the right, but those would be in column E. The floor 3 deck is split between those with a white circle and a black circle in the lower right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Steiger
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a lot now it is clear!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.