Hide
10 Posts

Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Andira Runehand ability rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
michael kabelski
msg tools
Does Andiras ability "Each time a hero within 3 spaces of you suffers 1 or more Heart from an attack, the figure that performed the attack suffers 1 Heart" still trigger when Andira dies from the attack?

Regards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary gee
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't think so.once she dies then surely the effect dies too?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sadgit
Germany
flag msg tools
Descent 2nd Edition Community Rules Reference Guide
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CRRG wrote:
Other figures may benefit from passive abilities of knocked
out heroes. These abilities must not require the knocked out
hero to “use this card“, “exhaust this card“, pay fatigue, and must not
imply the hero to be on the map.

For a hero to be "within 3 spaces" of Andira, she needs to be on the map. Therefore, the answer is no, Andira's Hero ability is inactive when she is knocked out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
foxreinard wrote:

...Attacker dealt damage to Andira (in order to defeat her), which might trigger her ability before she is removed.

If it is a timing conflict, the active player gets to decide which happens first. Usually if Andira is being defeated, this is the Overlord's turn, but some Overlord cards might allow Andira to be attacked during a hero player's turn.

Exactly. "Andira suffers damage from an attack" is the trigger. This trigger has two notable effects in the case that the damage Andira has suffered equals her health:
1) She is defeated
2) the attacking figure suffers a damage.

Active player would determine which of these happens first. (Usually going to be OL).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Brooks
United States
Katy
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zaltyre wrote:

Exactly. "Andira suffers damage from an attack" is the trigger. This trigger has two notable effects in the case that the damage Andira has suffered equals her health:
1) She is defeated
2) the attacking figure suffers a damage.

Active player would determine which of these happens first. (Usually going to be OL).

The text in the OP said a "hero within 3 spaces of Andira" is the trigger, I wouldn't think it counts when Andira is attacked unless another hero was attacked at the same time and was within 3 spaces.

Because if that were the case I would think the text would say "when you (Andira) or a hero within 3 spaces" or something along those lines. I admittedly have limited experience with the game, so I could easily be wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sadgit
Germany
flag msg tools
Descent 2nd Edition Community Rules Reference Guide
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I did not realize that the attack in question affects Andira herself. In this case I agree that this represents a timing conflict that is resolved by the active player.
"A hero within 3 spaces" includes Andira herself as she is in 0 spaces of herself. Abilities that refer to other heroes only always include the phrase "another hero" or similar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Einich
Switzerland
Geneva
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another question about Andira's hero ability: if a monster deals damage to multiple heroes within 3 spaces of Andira with a single attack (like a Giant with Sweep, a Shadow Dragon with Firebreathing or a Lava Beetle with Blast), does the monster suffer 1 damage or damage equal to the number of affected heroes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Einich
Switzerland
Geneva
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
foxreinard wrote:
Andira's ability triggers every time any hero within 3 spaces of her suffers damage from an attack. If the single attack affected multiple heroes in range, the ability will deal multiple damage.

Thanks. An annoying ability indeed!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.