Subject: Jihadi Bot: OpP "Travel To" question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ronald
Germany
Dresden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am currently trying to learn the new bots, playing a bot vs bot "Let's Roll".

I wonder how the first box of the "Recruit and Travel To" for the Jihadi bot can ever resolve to True. It says "Poor Muslim with 1-4 more Cells than Troop+Militia where Jihad sucess possible". The Bot never performs Minor Jihad in poor countries and for Major Jihad it needs at least 5 cells more then TandM. Therefore the box will never resolve to True. That doesn't sound right ... what i am missing here?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Hi Ronald,

Jihad Success Possible is only a reference to the Reaction and Awakening markers in the country. You are correct that the bot won't try Minor Jihad there. But this is just a check to see if the bot should try to accumulate cells there for a future Major Jihad attempt. If there are too many Awakening markers, then the success of the potential future attempt would be impossible and so the bot will focus elsewhere.

Hope that makes sense.

Adam
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronald
Germany
Dresden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Adam,

thank you for the reply. After reading the "Reaction/Awakening markers" part of the rulebook it makes sense (i am still playing the basegame only). Since the bots are backwards compatible, how can we treat this box for the base game? I would just ignore the "JSP success possible" part, so that the bot tries to accumulate cells for Major Jihad. Or is it better to ignore the whole box?

Cheers,
Ronald

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Hi Ronald,

I forgot to mention that if playing the base game, don't ignore the box, just note that JSP is always true. The Bot will try to accumulate cells in a country meeting the remaining criteria (Poor and 1-4)

Adam

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
We had a color coded system in the playtest charts that made these areas of base/expansion specific rules and checks more apparent, but the final printing didn't allow for alternate font coloring.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Chipman
United States
Zephyrhills
Florida
flag msg tools
nmtadam wrote:
We had a color coded system in the playtest charts that made these areas of base/expansion specific rules and checks more apparent, but the final printing didn't allow for alternate font coloring.

perhaps this could be released as a pdf? i imagine the color coding would be helpful for many players.

in addition, i wish there had been a bit more text dedicated to the explanation of the flow chart boxes in the actual rules, similar to what is done in LAB and the COIN games, or in a supplemental pdf. for example, when new bots were released in c3i for andean abyss, a supplemental pdf was made available with explanation and clarifications. i know the text in the boxes is pretty terse due to spacial constraints on the flowchart and that seems good reason to have an accompanying document with explanation/clarification.

i'm thankful that there has good support in the forums so far. keep it up, gents.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronald
Germany
Dresden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Adam,Hello

thank your for the support. I really like the new bots.

Ronald

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Thanks guys. Thomas that is a good idea, I'd be happy to make some .pdfs with detailed explanations of each box and some examples. I'm swamped right now working on Invierno Cubano, but I should be able to answer forum questions until I can get something made for you guys.

Adam
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Reyes
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That would be awesome Adam. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.