Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Colin
United Kingdom
HITCHIN
HERTS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have only played this game solo so have only used 3 data dice. During my games its very rare that I get to use black or purple data which I am ok with as these are more powerful effects. But when playing with more players there will be more dice to choose from (with 4 players there will be six dice) so it will be more likely that your choice of colour will be available. Do you think that this scales ok?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Berzley
United States
Houghton
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm fairly new to the game, only played one time. So I may still have some rules wrong.

With that said, I don't think 3 dice is appropriate for one player in terms of scaling. Either that, or 4 played should have 9-12. Then again, I've yet to play more than the one solo game.

Early into my first round I managed to reroll all three dice to black. With three or four turns to go before I could reroll then all. From what I understood from the rules that was legal and had to stay in the core.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vadim Golembo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You keep re-rolling until half the dice rounded up are "normal" colors.
Since you only use 1 (sometimes two from cards) data dice per turn 3 is fine for solo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Berzley
United States
Houghton
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
N0mE wrote:
Since you only use 1 (sometimes two from cards) data dice per turn 3 is fine for solo.

Don't you only do that at the start of the round, not mid round from usage rerolls?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Brown
United States
Westfield
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
berzley wrote:
N0mE wrote:

Don't you only do that at the start of the round, not mid round from usage rerolls?

Correct, that only applies at the start of the round, not after each individual turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin
United Kingdom
HITCHIN
HERTS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To illustrate my point, during each players turn you can use one data dice, in a one player game that is a choice of 3 data dice. In a 4 players game its a choice of 6 data dice although probably reduced by 1 from tactics card 3 secret plots. To my mind that is a much bigger choice and increased likely hood that you can use the black data! The amount of dice in the core is not reduced as players take there turns they are used then re-rolled.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Berzley
United States
Houghton
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
therdfamily wrote:
To illustrate my point, during each players turn you can use one data dice, in a one player game that is a choice of 3 data dice. In a 4 players game its a choice of 6 data dice although probably reduced by 1 from tactics card 3 secret plots. To my mind that is a much bigger choice and increased likely hood that you can use the black data! The amount of dice in the core is not reduced as players take there turns they are used then re-rolled.

My apologies - I read that wrong the first time. I swear it was 6 dice for 2 players when I first read the thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Berzley
United States
Houghton
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Granger44 wrote:
berzley wrote:
N0mE wrote:

Correct, that only applies at the start of the round, not after each individual turn.

Ok that's what I had though. Validates the rough spot I got myself into when mid-round I had managed to roll my way to three black dice and no use for them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manny O
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
That "rough spot" happens sometimes. Just a feature of the game.

The number of players doesn't really much affect it; it's just as likely that each player will roll his or her reroll to black as that you did it yourself, which means that by the time it's your turn again, there are no non-black dice.

On the bright side, it doesn't happen TOO often.

That why those cards and abilities that can get you a data token or crystal once per round can come in very handy (especially a blue one, imo).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ryan
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's also that starter card that lets you take a core die and change it to whatever color you want and get tokens of that color.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.