5 Posts

DC Comics Dice Masters: World's Finest» Forums » Rules

Subject: Batman, Speedy Recovery card ability rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gáspár Pándy
Hungary
flag msg tools
The card says: Vengeance - Whenever you take damage, KO a Batman die and return it to the Field Zone at level 2 (no matter how many Batman dice you have in the Field Zone).

So whenever I lose life points, if I have a Batman die in the Field, I KO it, then return it to the field at level 2. So what's the point in KOing it? I have to finish the ability of this before using a different card's ability so other cards with KO effects won't play a role. Also, if I originally have the Batman die as a level 3 in the field, then this is a bad ability for me, because it gets spun down to level 2, right? I feel as if I'm missing some crucial info here. Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Fry
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Even though the die comes back, it was still KOed. This means that it will trigger some effects anyway. For example: Bruce Wayne will let you move another Batman die to the field, and Dick Grayson can get +2A and +2D and deal combat damage to your opponent instead of blockers.

(It is important that Bruce Wayne says to move the die to the field, because that means you don't pay the fielding cost, but it doesn't trigger any fielding effects.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gáspár Pándy
Hungary
flag msg tools
Cool, makes sense, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amado Angulo
Germany
München
Bayern
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this ability mandatory? If I take damage and have a Batman at level 3, am I forced to KO it and spin it down?
Let's say I used him to block and he survived, but one character die of my opponent went unblocked and dealt me damage. Do I have to spin down my level 3 Batman?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul K.
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It doesn't say "may", so yes it is mandatory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.