Subject: Number of players rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
vagelis
Greece
Πειραιάς
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know that this game is for 2 to 4 players but it's only for 1vs1 and 2vs2 or you can play each player alone??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Thompson
United States
Centerville
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
matsas wrote:
I know that this game is for 2 to 4 players but it's only for 1vs1 and 2vs2 or you can play each player alone??

I'm not sure exactly what you're asking, but here's the breakdown. The game has two teams of two factions each.

In a 2 player game, one player will control one team (two factions) and the other player will control the other team (two factions).

In a 3 player game, one player will manage a team (two factions) and the other two players split a team (each manage one faction).

In a 4 player game, each faction is controlled by a single player.

There are no rules changes based on player count. The only thing that changes is how much a single player has to manage in the game.

Does that help?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
I'll just add that I love these games (ie. Birth of Games) with 2-players. It works very well at that player count.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Thompson
United States
Centerville
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Completely agree. My preference is a full player count. But I still love the games with 1 vs. 1 or 1 vs. 2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
[This space is intentionally left empty]
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WBuchanan wrote:
I'll just add that I love these games (ie. Birth of Games) with 2-players. It works very well at that player count.
Yes, excellent with two or max players, but I find it suffers some if one side has multiple players and the other just one. The lone player can coordinate the factions better and without the other side listening in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Densham
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Skirmish_Tactics wrote:
matsas wrote:

I'm not sure exactly what you're asking, but here's the breakdown. The game has two teams of two factions each.

In a 2 player game, one player will control one team (two factions) and the other player will control the other team (two factions).

In a 3 player game, one player will manage a team (two factions) and the other two players split a team (each manage one faction).

There are no rules changes based on player count. The only thing that changes is how much a single player has to manage in the game.

Does that help?

Perfect answer David! You're making my job easy!

This series of games is excellent for group settings, as you can add or drop folks right up to the point of the first die roll and everything works out.

Tim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
vagelis
Greece
Πειραιάς
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Skirmish_Tactics wrote:
matsas wrote:

Does that help?
Τηχ a lot......
So in a 4 players game the 2 factions from egland win or the two factions of vikings??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
Birmingham
England
flag msg tools
badge
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars, where you will be forced to drift aimlessly farther into the vast, empty abyss of space until a lack of food, water and oxygen causes you to succumb to Death's cold embrace.
mbmbmbmbmb
matsas wrote:

So in a 4 players game the 2 factions from egland win or the two factions of vikings??

Yep, there is no individual win condition for one single faction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.