Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Megee
United States
Edgewater Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What do you guys do when the two NPC Pirates end up in the same sea zone? At that point, they keep moving together and makes them easier to avoid (if need be)

Jim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Dean
Australia
Earlwood
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Duel Pirates?
Cool! I had never considered it as it has never happened. But now thinking on it...so be it! If they want to pal around a bit that seem s fun for them
Soon enough a "new" pirate will arrive and split them up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Tarr
United States
Floyds Knobs
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But the movement cards distilled bluish distinguish between moving the pirate sloop and the pirate frigate. This situation should never happen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Jorgensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
JimM wrote:
What do you guys do when the two NPC Pirates end up in the same sea zone? At that point, they keep moving together and makes them easier to avoid (if need be)

Jim

The bold is not correct. There are two kinds of pirate flags on the event cards. One just with a skull, which moves the pirate sloop. And one also with bones, which moves the pirate frigate.

When I first got the game, I also saw those as the same and so thought the pirates moved a lot. Until I noticed that there are two different pirate flags .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
Push Cubes. Blow Stuff Up.
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
mbmbmbmbmb
tarrkid wrote:
But the movement cards distilled bluish between moving the pirate sloop and the pirate frigate. This situation should never happen.

Yep
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Tarr
United States
Floyds Knobs
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tarrkid wrote:
But the movement cards distilled bluish between moving the pirate sloop and the pirate frigate. This situation should never happen.

What the what?

That'll teach me to try and type big words on my phone...

How about distinguish!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
Push Cubes. Blow Stuff Up.
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
mbmbmbmbmb
tarrkid wrote:
tarrkid wrote:

What the what?

How about distinguish!

I understood it! (and that happens to me all the time, too)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
You can take my gameā€¦ when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the board!
Yeah I made this mistake too. Took many plays before I finally realized there are 2 different symbols!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Megee
United States
Edgewater Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WHOOPS! I forgot about the TWO DIFFERENT Pirate symbols!blush

Thanks for clearing that up Guys!!

The reason I asked was, I had one pirate in a sea zone with normal movement, and then another pirate had entered the game in the same zone. Not remembering there were different pirate symbols.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Gene Ammons - Boss Tenor
badge
The Brief and Frightening Reign of Phil - George Saunders
mbmbmbmbmb
Annowme wrote:
tarrkid wrote:
tarrkid wrote:

What the what?

How about distinguish!

I understood it! (and that happens to me all the time, too)

Speaking of which, it appears everyone understands that 'duel' in the thread title was intended to mean 'dual'. devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Megee
United States
Edgewater Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sphere wrote:

Speaking of which, it appears everyone understands that 'duel' in the thread title was intended to mean 'dual'. devil

Thread title FIXED! Man, that irritates me, and I pride myself in spelling too!whistle I should have said "Two Pirates"

Duel - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duel
A duel is an arranged engagement in combat between two individuals with matched weapons in accordance with agreed-upon rules
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Gene Ammons - Boss Tenor
badge
The Brief and Frightening Reign of Phil - George Saunders
mbmbmbmbmb
JimM wrote:
Sphere wrote:

Thread title FIXED! Man, that irritates me, and I pride myself in spelling too!whistle I should have said "Two Pirates"

Duel - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duel
A duel is an arranged engagement in combat between two individuals with matched weapons in accordance with agreed-upon rules

Like someone else said, it happens to me all the time too (and I also am a good speller). Somehow when I'm typing I'll substitute homophones or simply similar sounding words that would leap off the page at me when I'm reading. This interests me, because it indicates that my brain accesses my internal dictionary differently during input and output. Why that would be so I have no idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PFGamer
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It could be because seeing and typing / writing rely on different areas of the brain, therefore the wiring in between is linked through different neural pathways.

Sorry...biologist. Had to happen. Not trying to be a smarty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.