Popular Tags: [View All]
George Triantafyllidis
United Kingdom
Torquay
Devon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to clarify/confirm a couple of issues please

1) In the case of the enemy having the initiative in the ensuing battle the defence before the attack applies only for the first round.On the second round it reverts back to the pattern attack first then defend? So in essense there are two consecutive attacks in the end of the first round to the beginning of the second).Is my understanding correct?

2) If Agricola is present can he keep the tactical advantage even if didn't have the initiative in the battle? Is that correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Russell
United States
Dearborn
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Fabvier wrote:
I would like to clarify/confirm a couple of issues please

1) In the case of the enemy having the initiative in the ensuing battle the defence before the attack applies only for the first round.On the second round it reverts back to the pattern attack first then defend? So in essense there are two consecutive attacks in the end of the first round to the beginning of the second).Is my understanding correct?

No; Attack and Defense are always alternated. If you have Initiative, it goes Attack-Defense-Attack-Defense; if the enemy does, it goes Defense-Attack-Defense-Attack and so-on. Note that the process of checking for isolation, moving units to the frontline, etc., always happens at the end of the Defense Round, regardless of who has initiative.

Quote:
2) If Agricola is present can he keep the tactical advantage even if didn't have the initiative in the battle? Is that correct?

Yes, Agricola gives you tactical advantage even when the enemy has Initiative-- which would only be when Mons Graupius is triggered, or when an enemy Leader is present in the actual map box where the battle is taking place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael McLean
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tomrussell wrote:

Quote:

Yes, Agricola gives you tactical advantage even when the enemy has Initiative-- which would only be when Mons Graupius is triggered, or when an enemy Leader is present in the actual map box where the battle is taking place.

I'm glad to hear you say that. I've been playing Mons Graupius this way, and making sure Agricola is always with the army group traveling to the north. I think that battle might not be winnable without having Agricola there for this very reason. That's a huge army!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Russell
United States
Dearborn
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
gocamels wrote:
tomrussell wrote:

Quote:

I'm glad to hear you say that. I've been playing Mons Graupius this way, and making sure Agricola is always with the army group traveling to the north. I think that battle might not be winnable without having Agricola there for this very reason. That's a huge army!

I usually have at least two, if not all three, Legions on hand when I get into Mans Graupius. Even if a lot of my guys get wiped out, if I have at least one Legionary Unit per Legion, I'm good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.