Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi
So Iv seen in some facebook groups that sometimes there are damaged cards and that UD are very good at replacing them (albeit taking time internationally).

But how do they look? By that, I mean are they damaged inside the shrinkwrap and thus checking every card is needed, or will the shrink be damaged and you can tell that way (internal shrink).

I ask as I have a complete collection but play progression so most is still in shrinkwrap and its fun opening as you go, its exciting. But with reading of damaged cards, I worry that time from purchase receipt would affect any replacements.
So Do I just need to open each box and check the internal shrinked card blocks? Or do I need to open the internal shrinks and check every card?

True checking everything is best to be sure, but I love the enjoyment of opening-as-I-go.

So if anyone has experienced the damage, please do tell.

Thank you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason McManus
United States
Saraland
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had damaged cards in my Deadpool set. You couldn't tell they were damaged from inside the shrink. They were mis cut from the printer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jam37wcc wrote:
I had damaged cards in my Deadpool set. You couldn't tell they were damaged from inside the shrink. They were mis cut from the printer.

Thank you, so time consuming as it will be ill have to open every box and check. Good to know thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason McManus
United States
Saraland
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BobSpoons wrote:
jam37wcc wrote:

Thank you, so time consuming as it will be ill have to open every box and check. Good to know thanks

Your welcome
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sorren Day
United Kingdom
Norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
Everything is awesome!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Over time I've had about 4 replacement cards sent out, and the manual for Predator (which was missing from a sealed copy). Upper Deck have been super helpful every single time.

Most recently I actually needed to put a replacement request through for one of the Civil War cards, and like you, I didn't realise I needed it until I got round to playing with it. Upper Deck didn't seem to have a problem at all with how long ago I had purchased the product. I did still have to search through my Paypal transactions to show proof of purchase, but after that, no hassle, just sending me a new card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks folks.

Shuffled through 9 expansions today (quickly) and all looks well.

All the shrinkwrap is gone now what will I open to get an instant-cheer-up when feeling down lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason McManus
United States
Saraland
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BobSpoons wrote:
Thanks folks.

Shuffled through 9 expansions today (quickly) and all looks well.

All the shrinkwrap is gone now what will I open to get an instant-cheer-up when feeling down lol

Buy more games, it works.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.