Terraforming Mars» Forums » General

Subject: 2nd Print - duplicate red color cubes rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Win Z
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just received my copy of Terraforming Mars, but I was wondering if anyone else has duplicate color cubes? I have 2 sets of red cubes, but no blue cubes (appears that is what I am missing by looking at posted videos online.)

Any recommendations on how to get this corrected?

Thanks in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
Canada
Niagara Region
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Email Stronghold and they will send you a set of blue cubes. Easy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Win Z
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the recommendation

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glitchy Predator
United States
Portland
Maine
flag msg tools
I sporadically review games...
badge
... It's a running kidney... Kidneys are kind of my profession...
mbmbmbmbmb
Same problem here, just opened my copy. Unfortunate. I hope for their sake this isn't a widespread problem because it could end up being slightly costly to fix.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
Canada
Niagara Region
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
YayYoh wrote:
Thanks for the recommendation

No problem. Over the years I've found those manufacturing/assembling problems are fixed by publishers happily.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Win Z
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sent Stronghold Games an email with a copy of my receipt; their website says that they will be unavailable due to GAMA and a BGG cruise for approximately the next 2 weeks (~26 March).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ido Abelman
Israel
Hod Hasharon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
YayYoh wrote:
Just received my copy of Terraforming Mars, but I was wondering if anyone else has duplicate color cubes? I have 2 sets of red cubes, but no blue cubes (appears that is what I am missing by looking at posted videos online.)

Any recommendations on how to get this corrected?

Thanks in advance!

Apply blue paint

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Morency
United States
Waterford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmb
My copy just arrived yesterday and it has blue cubes. It would be pretty disappointing if people have to wait 2-3 weeks to get their blue cubes, but hopefully most people have some blue cubes they can borrow from a different game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy had the correct cubes. Unless you are playing with five you are okay. If you are playing with five I sure you can get some cubes from another game in your collection until you get the replacements.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glitchy Predator
United States
Portland
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Odinsfury wrote:
My copy just arrived yesterday and it has blue cubes. It would be pretty disappointing if people have to wait 2-3 weeks to get their blue cubes, but hopefully most people have some blue cubes they can borrow from a different game.

Yeah it's no big deal on my end. I just hope they don't have a more systemic problem so it doesn't cost them to correct it. I can wait for my blue cubes (although sadly blue is my favorite color to play as.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Parker Altice
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had duplicate greens and no black. I went to Stronghold website and they explain how to request missing component replacement.

Interesting to see I was not the only one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Jaeger
Germany
Burtenbach
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am very sorry about These mistakes. It is, of course, not a fault of Stronghold but of packing in the factory. The bags of cubes come assembled to Ludo Fact USA in Indiana, and are sorted by Hand in China directly after production. Such mistakes are human errors. I apologize for that on behalf of Ludo Fact, but those mistakes cannot be completely avoided.

Stronghold customer service will certainly correct this.

Cheers
Frank Jaeger
LUDO FACT
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wim van Gruisen
Netherlands
Den Bosch
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Maybe we can set up a cube exchange? Sort of math trade for cubes?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Jaeger
Germany
Burtenbach
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope it does not have to come to that - I count two problems here, maybe there is a handful more, but the print run of the game is several ten thousand so far. It does seem a very isolated incident when it occurs and no systematic error. Just get a replacement from Stronghold, and if there are more than the usual number of errors, they will get back to me anyway.

Cheers
Frank.

(edited for spelling)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Win Z
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stronghold games has contacted me and blue cubes are enroute. Kudos for the great customer service and prompt response.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glitchy Predator
United States
Portland
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
YayYoh wrote:
Stronghold games has contacted me and blue cubes are enroute. Kudos for the great customer service and prompt response.

Same. Happy with the quick response.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.