Subject: Second printing errors/misprints? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
TonyKR
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
My copy of the second printing arrived yesterday. While I was unboxing and sorting things, I noticed that the Tharsis Republic card doesn't have the "corporation" heading on it. It's a minor misprint that won't affect anything, but it still annoys the production/layout artist in me. And since I can't find anybody else mentioning it yet, I can only assume it's an error that was introduced in the new printing (surely someone would've noticed it in the first printing by now, right?).

So has anyone else found any other misprints/goofs in the new edition?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glitchy Predator
United States
Portland
Maine
flag msg tools
I sporadically review games...
badge
... It's a running kidney... Kidneys are kind of my profession...
mbmbmbmbmb
Well not a misprint, but mine came with two sets of red cubes instead of blue cubes. And I'm not alone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Cohn
United States
Racine
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was blessed enough to have a first print, and can confirm "Corporation" is at the top for Tharsis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
Pugnax555 wrote:
My copy of the second printing arrived yesterday. While I was unboxing and sorting things, I noticed that the Tharsis Republic card doesn't have the "corporation" heading on it. It's a minor misprint that won't affect anything, but it still annoys the production/layout artist in me. And since I can't find anybody else mentioning it yet, I can only assume it's an error that was introduced in the new printing (surely someone would've noticed it in the first printing by now, right?).

So has anyone else found any other misprints/goofs in the new edition?

Isn't that the one that says it's not a corporation in the flavor text​?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cabral
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
corkysru is correct!

I think it is very good attention to detail, Tharsis Republic

Flavour text is: "With the first big city came a social community that could not be controlled by the corporations. Determined to have an elected leader, workers and stuff from all corporations formed Tharsis Republic."

So if you detest corporations in real life, the Tharsis Republic would be a good entity to play as.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TonyKR
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
Cabralicus wrote:
corkysru is correct!

I think it is very good attention to detail, Tharsis Republic

Well, in that case they need to update the image in the rulebook, especially since that's the example card they use for the card anatomy section.

But I can see why it was removed if it was in fact done intentionally.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cabral
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Heh. You're right about the inconsistency. So it would seem that the rulebook is in error then as the changes weren't reflected there or to simply use a different corporation as the example.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob R

Arlington
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chrisoc13 wrote:
Well not a misprint, but mine came with two sets of red cubes instead of blue cubes. And I'm not alone.

Maybe you could borrow someone's Pandemic cubes..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Örjan Almén
Sweden
Karlstad
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cabralicus wrote:
Heh. You're right about the inconsistency. So it would seem that the rulebook is in error then as the changes weren't reflected there or to simply use a different corporation as the example.

Well, even if it's not a corporation per se, it is still played as one. UNMI is not a proper corporation either, but is played as one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ido Abelman
Israel
Hod Hasharon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
orjanalmen wrote:
Cabralicus wrote:

Well, even if it's not a corporation per se, it is still played as one. UNMI is not a proper corporation either, but is played as one.

Yeah that's what I thought. Starting to argue about what is a corporation opens a whole can of worms for rules lawyers to argue that things that affect "corporations" do not affect them. In game terms, each player plays a corporation - period. And it probably should be reflected on the cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cabral
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes I am fully aware that all those entities should be treated as corporations.

The "problem" is that in the 2nd printing, Tharsis Republic no longer says Corporation in the thin gold banner like it does in the rulebook or the 1st printing. UNMI has the Corporation banner on its card still.

It won't be a problem in my game group as I will easily explain it in a thematic sense, but end with "for all intents and purposes it is a corporation."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.