Popular Tags: [View All]
Craig Truesdell
United States
Uniontown
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I see the expansions and the Western Front version, I figure it being GMT and all they are all good but just in case one stands out thought I would ask. I have MBT so I thought step back in time a bit too. Can I get IDF and use the MBT rules to play it? Would I need to?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Perry Pender
United Kingdom
Helston
Cornwall
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ctcharger wrote:
I see the expansions and the Western Front version, I figure it being GMT and all they are all good but just in case one stands out thought I would ask. I have MBT so I thought step back in time a bit too. Can I get IDF and use the MBT rules to play it? Would I need to?

No Idea about IDF, But I am the other way around, I have just bought ALL the Panzer series in one go and can not recommend it to you enough, I am buying MBT next week end, Panzer is awesome IMHO, I come from an ASL background so love detail, Panzer has it in bucket loads, it will compliment MBT hugely as it will allow you to see things from a completely opposed point of view, no more long range engagements with high first round hit probabilities here, 8-10 hexes is medium to long range so a lot of shots miss, and the killing ranges are a lot shorter, a great series, and can not wait until 'France 1940' is released.

BAOR & FRG out for MBT soon-ish so will also be snapped up by myself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Oberly
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ctcharger wrote:

Not certain I am understanding your question properly, but IDF is basically an expansion for MBT, so yes, you will use the MBT rules to play it. There may be some special rules for the IDF expansion, but it will be the same ruleset.

I think if you get Panzer and enjoy it, the 2 'big' expansions are musts -- the West Front includes all the American/ British stuff, and the East Front one includes most of the German/ Russian stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronald Stephanz
United States
Madison
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Check the Geek Market to save some coins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Russo
United States
flag msg tools
mb
The Avalon Hill maps won't work directly with the GMT maps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.