Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Reynolds
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At first I thought it was for resources, but there are only two. Am I supposed to have more?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Ross
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you use them as trays (one resource in each top and one on each bottom), that works.

I had four containers, but I had the art connoisseurs edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Goodman
United States
King of Prussia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is for resources. There are only two, but two sets of resources should fit in one box. That being said, somehow I got 2 additional boxes. I don't remember if that was a kickstarter perk, or an add-on or what but I got them. You can probably order them directly from stonemeier or from meeplesource.

edit: they are 10 boxes for 6.95 from top shelf gamer.
https://www.topshelfgamer.com/collections/scythe/products/pl...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A-Mart

Wisconsin
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm assuming you have the base/retail version of Scythe. You can use them for resources/coins/whatever you want to. In the KS/Premium+ versions you got an additional 2 containers. (E.g. I use mine for the four diff resources.)

You can see the version breakdowns here: https://stonemaiergames.com/games/scythe/

If you wanted more - TS gamer has a pack of 10 that you can purchase: https://www.topshelfgamer.com/collections/stonemaier-treasur...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Schuster
Germany
Bretten
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Puzzled me as well. I put grain and wood tokens in one and oil and iron in the other. When we play, I open both containers and put each kind of resource in one tab near the game board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A-Mart

Wisconsin
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
polymorpheus wrote:
I'm assuming you have the base/retail version of Scythe. You can use them for resources/coins/whatever you want to. In the KS/Premium+ versions you got an additional 2 containers. (E.g. I use mine for the four diff resources.)

You can see the version breakdowns here: https://stonemaiergames.com/games/scythe/

If you wanted more - TS gamer has a pack of 10 that you can purchase: https://www.topshelfgamer.com/collections/stonemaier-treasur...

If only preview showed you any other posts that MAY have gotten posted while searching for weblinks.....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd recommend just mixing the resources into the containers and putting them on opposite sides of the board during the game--they easily hold all of the resources. You can even use the top and bottom of each container if you want to put resources at each of the four corners of the board.

Some of the Kickstarter editions included 4 resource trays instead of 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Strand
Canada
Langley
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
MASK Crusaders... working overtime... fighting crime... fighting crime!!! Secret Raiders...
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty awesome to hear there are some containers that come in the game! I love having something to hold resources, etc!

~waiting anxiously for my copy in the mail! whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Yum
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
I have the retail version with two clear square boxes.

We mix all the resources (cute wooden ones) and store them in the boxes.

During play, we put the resources in the lids of the boxes and use the bottom sections to store the small denomination coins and the used encounter tokens.

Enjoy the game. It is most excellent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Reynolds
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salman Qaisar
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
I'd recommend just mixing the resources into the containers and putting them on opposite sides of the board during the game--they easily hold all of the resources. You can even use the top and bottom of each container if you want to put resources at each of the four corners of the board.

Some of the Kickstarter editions included 4 resource trays instead of 2.

Hey Jamey, further to our recent chat about Fenris and combat, I'm trying to buy everything that interests me (which is pretty much everything!)
I've tracked down nearly everything apart from:
1. factory promo cards (they haven't gone OOP, I hope?
2. Plastic resource containers - does every retail version come with 2 or not?
Cheers, Salman

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Salman: The retail game does come with 2 plastic resource containers. As for the Factory promo cards, they're in print and should be available. You're in the UK, right? Here's a place to get them: https://www.bgextras.co.uk/scythe-promo-pack-4-6-promo-facto...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salman Qaisar
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
Salman: The retail game does come with 2 plastic resource containers. As for the Factory promo cards, they're in print and should be available. You're in the UK, right? Here's a place to get them: https://www.bgextras.co.uk/scythe-promo-pack-4-6-promo-facto...

They're out of stock at the mo, but he says they should be in stock soon.

Do you know the dimensions for the resource containers?
I'm thinking about getting the set of 10 to use in other games
eg Twilight Imperium 4th Ed. - which I adamantly believe to be another Euro/Ameri-thrash Hybrid

Thanks as always! Salman

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They're 72x72x32mm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salman Qaisar
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
They're 72x72x32mm.

That seems just about right size to fit Sleeved Mini-american cards (outer dimensions of sleeves is 67mm × 44mm).

But are walls sloped, so base will not fit the cards?

Sorry for detailed q's, there are 17 unique races in TI4, each with 5 faction cards + various tokens.
So I'm looking for 17 small boxes, so setup will be easy.
So far I haven't found any box which fits these + not too big or small + reasonably priced.
Your boxes sound perfect... if the 5 sleeved cards will fit in a safe way (ie non-bent).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They're meant to hold tokens, not cards--I wouldn't suggest putting cards in them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salman Qaisar
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
They're meant to hold tokens, not cards--I wouldn't suggest putting cards in them.

crycrycry

Ok I'll wait to test the 2 in Scythe before committing to get a whole load for TI4.
Thanks for the advice!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.