Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Swift
United Kingdom
Ormskirk
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well the answer to that question is yes they are way too big.
This may be an answer

Great cars and great service from

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/201757974302?_trksid=p3984.m1555.l26...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Suitcase
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shouldn't the publisher be the answer?

Or is it a case of "why bother?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Swift
United Kingdom
Ormskirk
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hopefully the publisher will fix it but I've not seen any comments from them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabio Pellegrino
Italy
Palermo
Sicilia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I am really disappointed for it.
The cars are badly wrong,
Doug made a good work, the production instead is NOT SO GOOD,I'd like to have an adeduate replacement to the money spent.

Fabio
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Prezinsky wrote:
I am really disappointed for it.
The cars are badly wrong,
Doug made a good work, the production instead is NOT SO GOOD,I'd like to have an adeduate replacement to the money spent.

Fabio

Yes. The game cost way too much to settle for sub-par components.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Berthold Nüchter
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
I am the walrus
badge
checkpoint
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the look of the cars, but they really seem to be much too big. This is a real deficit. It should not have happened.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hawk Strike
msg tools
mb
Are the cars too big ... or the tracks too small? I think if the board squares were closer to the size of the box, the cars would have fit fine.

Guess I can use my old Speed Circuit cars.

Great rules but a bit disappointed with production value of some of the components.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Berthold Nüchter
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
I am the walrus
badge
checkpoint
mbmbmbmbmb
The original and custom cars for Formula D(é) or Speed Circuit usually had and have a length of about 16 - 22 mm. These cars seem to be much longer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Irving
United States
Salinas
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Punk Reaper wrote:

Not on the Monaco track.

They obviously shrunk the size of the Monza track by 33%. Which is a problem. Any car that'll fit on Monza would seem too small to fit on Monaco.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hoyt

Butte
Montana
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Formula De cars work well

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rri1 wrote:
Punk Reaper wrote:

Not on the Monaco track.

They obviously shrunk the size of the Monza track by 33%. Which is a problem. Any car that'll fit on Monza would seem too small to fit on Monaco.

The cars don't fit the two tracks in the Mansell add-on either. Fitting 1 out of 4 tracks is unacceptable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Polcen
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
I play Speed Circuit / Championship Formula Racing at Redscape.
badge
www.redscape.com... proud sponsor of neighborly warfare since 1998
mbmbmbmbmb
I scrounged up these squinkies from my daughters' stash. laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Not a peep from the publisher yet. either here or on the KS page. It appears that their attitude is "We got your money already so tough luck buddy".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Yep, we're screwed. If we want tracks to fit the cars we will need to buy the game again after it's reprinted...IF they reprint it, and IF they make the track boards larger. yuk Disgusted.

Here's today's KS update:

"Hello all,
We understand the frustration some backers have been expressing regarding the size of the CFR cars in relation to the board spaces. At this time we are exploring options to increase the board size for future reprints of the game and will update you as that progresses.

Thank you,

The Jolly Roger Team"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Swift
United Kingdom
Ormskirk
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lucky henry wrote:

Yep, we're screwed. If we want tracks to fit the cars we will need to buy the game again after it's reprinted...IF they reprint it, and IF they make the track boards larger. yuk Disgusted.

"Hello all,
We understand the frustration some backers have been expressing regarding the size of the CFR cars in relation to the board spaces. At this time we are exploring options to increase the board size for future reprints of the game and will update you as that progresses.

Thank you,

The Jolly Roger Team"

So it's "Yes we understand that the game is almost unplayable with the components we've provided for the $115 you spent but we may fix the game for the next bunch of idiots that trust us with their money"

Pathetic
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Punk Reaper wrote:
lucky henry wrote:

"Hello all,

Thank you,

The Jolly Roger Team"

So it's "Yes we understand that the game is almost unplayable with the components we've provided for the $115 you spent but we may fix the game for the next bunch of idiots that trust us with their money"

Pathetic

You got that right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United States
Stephenville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this a problem with the print that is about to be in stock at CoolStuffInc? Or was this an issue with a KS only printing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Suitcase
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
robininni wrote:
Is this a problem with the print that is about to be in stock at CoolStuffInc? Or was this an issue with a KS only printing?

I guess that remains to be seen.

I missed the Kickstarter by a few days. Now I'm glad I did. But I've been tracking things on the side waiting for retail release.

Sounds like a production disaster (like someone didn't receive/review the proper physical pre-production proofs, or didn't get a post-production copy before releasing for shipping).

The 2 primary components of a racing game are basically 1) Cars, and 2) Tracks. Obviously, they should match up in size.

I was going to pick this up first thing when it hit retail. But now I will wait and see.

I hope they treat you KS fellows decently. With 164 KS backers, it wouldn't kill Upper Deck's pocket book too hard to do the right thing and send replacements when they get them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Berthold Nüchter
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
I am the walrus
badge
checkpoint
mbmbmbmbmb
Could anybody please tell the length of the cars and the length of the spaces of the different tracks on the straights?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hoyt

Butte
Montana
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is too harsh. The cars fit perfectly on the one track and are oversized on the others enough to be a pain, but certainly doesn't stop anyone from playing the game. And the cars are very nice, so the correction of looking into how to provide bigger tracks to fit the cars is the correct move.

Obviously there was a mistake, and obviously nobody is happy about that, but I only paid $15 for the Mansell add on which included 2 extra tracks, so no way am I that upset at the prospect of having the option to rebuy it at a larger scale. On the contrary, I'll look forward to buying larger tracks and no big deal writing off $15

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Polcen
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
I play Speed Circuit / Championship Formula Racing at Redscape.
badge
www.redscape.com... proud sponsor of neighborly warfare since 1998
mbmbmbmbmb
Berthold wrote:
Could anybody please tell the length of the cars and the length of the spaces of the different tracks on the straights?

Cars: 2.5 cm x 1.25 cm
Monaco: 2.5 cm x 1.25 cm
Other 3 tracks: 2.0 cm x 1.0 cm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Berthold Nüchter
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
I am the walrus
badge
checkpoint
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Siskin
United States
Playa Del Rey
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm assuming it would be cheaper to replace the cars than reprint the tracks. I think that's what should be done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Suitcase
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dumpty wrote:
I'm assuming it would be cheaper to replace the cars than reprint the tracks. I think that's what should be done.

I think their dilemna is that 1 of the 4 tracks has different sized squares (that match the larger cars), so they'd have to look to making those consistent regardless.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hoyt

Butte
Montana
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The cars are nice, I'd much rather make the tracks fit the cars.

I've done two races on the smaller traks using my salvaged Formula D cars and it is not as nice an experience

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.