Rumpelstilskin
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As I own the "old" Grenier Game In the Trenches - The Lost Generation - I was surprised and blindsided that this game offers exactly the same scenarios.

So a buy for nothing!yuk
I would have expected the publisher/ the game company to adress that to the supporters of the old version!!!

I am very disappointed!gulp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Walker
United States
Henry
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
'65 Squad Level Combat in Vietnam. On Kickstarter!
mbmbmbmbmb
As I said in my other post. Wow, that's slightly harsh. We have made it clear that Eric Grenier gave us permission to reprint these games. We have also made it clear that we do not package the scenarios in the same fashion as he did. That is because we originally released Devil Dogs and Doughboys and then these other packages are expansions. We have received great reviews and comments from gamers who are happy that we kept this series alive.

That said, if you are unhappy with your purchase, you can contact me personally for a full refund. It's no problem. We always aim to please.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rumpelstilskin
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for your reply Mark. Just some short sentences to why I wrote this thread and why I was so disappointed as I was looking forward to some new experiences in this series.

I looked at the tiny battles homepage and other sources but didn't find a mention that all the scenarios in the game are the same ones that were published years before.

I interpreted your posts the way, that some scenarios might have been published by jeux grenier but not all. might be my fault, but I want other players of the old edition to recognize that.

As you see, I did not rate your game bad, as this would not be fair, because I like the system and would this game, if it hadn't the scenarios I already own...

edit: I contacted Mark as he offered to me. Didn't expect him to refund me, but as he said he would, I decided to take the chance. still waiting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rumpelstilskin
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
That said, if you are unhappy with your purchase, you can contact me personally for a full refund. It's no problem. We always aim to please.

I contacted Mark as he offered to refund me. And he replied, that he would do that. But ... nothing happened.

I didn't expect him to refund me, but he shouldn't announce he would, if he didn't really wanted to...

edit: Mark refunded as he offered asap after reminding him this way. Kudos for his decision and thanks for that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Walker
United States
Henry
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
'65 Squad Level Combat in Vietnam. On Kickstarter!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Rumple,

Totally blew this one. Janice is refunding this as we speak. Too bad, since I had emailed you directly, that you didn't remind me via email. You would have saved yourself some time by just emailing me about this. I check email every day, but I'm on BGG much less than that. Hopefully, you will be equally public in your thanks.

Have a Great Day!

Best Regards,
Mark

brommi wrote:
Quote:

I contacted Mark as he offered to refund me. And he replied, that he would do that. But ... nothing happened.

I didn't expect him to refund me, but he shouldn't announce he would, if he didn't really wanted to...

I repeat: No Tiny Games anymore for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rumpelstilskin
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Mark,

my greatest respect and thank you for refunding me as you offered to. Kudos, this is great gamer support, so I will overthink my judgement on Tiny Games.

And of course, I express my respect and thanks as publicly as I did my critics.

BTW: I don't critisize the game as is, cause it's great, but the - in my opinion - unclear description of the scenarios.

Have a good summer

Bye

Rumple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.