Hide
4 Posts

Zombicide: Black Plague» Forums » Variants

Subject: City guard rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
King Benno
msg tools

I have included 3 different player controlled guardsmen who can be used in countless ways. Starting with less heroes and additional guardsmen, finding guardsmen, rescuing them, etc. I used the figures from the Conan board game with their colored bases so they can be easily identified. They blend in perfectly. The different unit types are; (1) city guard, (2) archer, and (3)captain of guards. Each unit is controlled by whichever hero finds them or starts with them, and I have them take their turn after the heroes but before the zombies. If you want to find them in buildings, I have a whole new system of searching rooms which I will try and post soon. Guards can not search, open doors, or hold inventory. All three of these units have 2 health, so simply remove their colored base when they are damaged to show they have 1 health left.

TOWN GUARD- 2 actions per turn. 1 dice, Hit on 4+, range 0. 1 damage per hit. Armor save of 4+.

ARCHER- 2 actions per turn. 1 dice, Hit on 4+, range 1-3. 1 damage per hit. No armor save.

CAPTAIN OF THE GUARDS- 3 actions per turn. 1 dice, Hit on 4+, range 0. 2 damage per hit. Armor save of 4+. Has "Born Leader" skill, but can only be used on town guard or archer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
and if they are killed they turn into zombies unless an action is spent to "mercy" them?

I've been thinking about a better NPC system too, ones that give quests and rewards with items you wouldn't get searching in rooms. I'm looking forward to reading your method.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Griner
United States
Byron
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
First Day!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a nice idea and an excellent take on the Companion system from Seasons 2 and 3.

Any future additions to this, like maybe a cleric, a conjurer, or a Jester (with Taunt or Loud)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Benno
msg tools
Haha sure, why not! Yeah, really opens it up for multiple quest ideas, or even all out war with larger forces. Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.