Subject: Factory card: Move Action rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J A
Canada
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Factory card is a 5th section of your player mat. Like the regular sections of each mat, the top and bottom rows are separate actions, and each is optional.

My question is simply: if I place my action marker on my card and only want to take the bottom row Move action, do I have to pay the top row cost (in the red box), or is the bottom row Move action on the Factory cards free?

I'm assuming that, as usual, top and bottom row actions have their own separate costs, so Move on the factory card would be free. Is moving in Scythe always free? Just making sure!

Thxs!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alex michaud
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Read the rules book
You may do top or bottom or both or none of the action you select.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alex, it's okay for people to ask questions that are answered in the rulebook.

J A: Alex is correct: Just like on your player mat, each action is separate. You may do the top action, the bottom action, both (top then bottom), or neither.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J A
Canada
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
J A: Alex is correct: Just like on your player mat, each action is separate. You may do the top action, the bottom action, both (top then bottom), or neither.

Thank you for kindly answering my question! But actually (sorry if I wasn't clear), my question was: if I only take the bottom-row Move action (move 1 unit up to 2 spaces), it's free, isn't it (the cost in the red box at the top of the factory card only applies to the top row action)?

@Footmans: oh, and I have read the rules book, many, many times...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
J A: Sure, the same answer applies: The bottom action is completely independent of the top action. If there were a cost for the bottom action, it would be printed on the bottom action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J A
Canada
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
J A: Sure, the same answer applies: The bottom action is completely independent of the top action. If there were a cost for the bottom action, it would be printed on the bottom action.

Yes, the example box on p. 25 makes it pretty clear. Thank you for casting aside any doubts we had!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.