5 Posts

No Retreat 4! Italian Front: 1943-45» Forums » Rules

Subject: Attrition Combat rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wifbert Boye
Canada
flag msg tools
It's a non-major offensive turn in Mud. The German player is facing a situation where one of his stacks is next to a counterblow on a very strong Allied stack. Next to it is another and with Alexander in command he knows he'll have to make an attack from an unreinforcible position against two powerful stacks of enemy units.

Seems to me all he has to do is call an Attrition combat and he's baled out of the situation. What am I missing here?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
wifferboy wrote:
It's a non-major offensive turn in Mud. The German player is facing a situation where one of his stacks is next to a counterblow on a very strong Allied stack. Next to it is another and with Alexander in command he knows he'll have to make an attack from an unreinforcible position against two powerful stacks of enemy units.

Seems to me all he has to do is call an Attrition combat and he's baled out of the situation. What am I missing here?

This is correct, the Counterblows do not have the same effect in Attrition Combat.

If you don't like the way it works, do not forget this is not a rule used in the regular game, but an advanced optional rule.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim K
United States
Palatine
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good question. If I understand correctly the situation carries over from a previous turn that was a German offensive. I think the only condition where the CBs would persist is if the Germans declare another major offensive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
htjester wrote:
Good question. If I understand correctly the situation carries over from a previous turn that was a German offensive. I think the only condition where the CBs would persist is if the Germans declare another major offensive.

The CBs will still be there but function differently in Attrition Combat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wifbert Boye
Canada
flag msg tools
htjester wrote:

No, the CB is there after the Allied player turn. A CB is better than a blank or an exchange or a CA since it makes the defender attack or withdraw.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.